Man Who Tweeted Airport Bomb Hoax is Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Idiot. He's lucky the bomb explosions that happened on London's subway stations are a bit cold now, otherwise police wouldn't treat him so lightly.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
What a moron. The police were right. You can't say stuff like that with the world we live in.

Sarcasm + airport = you getting arrested

Not much room for jokes there.

PC_GI

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
At least in America we have free speech... as long as you don't say that.. Or anything that another individual might find offensive for any particular reason...

divis0nby0

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
They should make an example of him - I'd like to think it would help people to think a bit before they type things online, but judging by the recent "ReadWriteWeb / Facebook" spectacle that day is a long long way away.

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Bah the Terrorist win every time something stupid like this happens. For the love of God use some common sense next time!

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I think divis0nby0 comment is way too menacing, I think he is threatening Paul Chambers life. I suppose police should question him before something happen to Paul Chambers.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I just wonder sometimes if people read or watch tv. It seems like people should know better by now but then again your dealing with people. Who knows why they do the things they do!! I just don't get it sometimes, but good for him for getting caught. Was it really worth it dude!!

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
The coutless amount of times I have said "OH how i wish Rogers/______* would just blow up and do us all a favour" on msn/to my friends... I guess I am just lucky they dont monitor or dont act on what is said on those conversations... or I would be in big trouble.. :O

*Insert crappyy Company here

G

You're missing the point, the government and the autorities need to keep up the momentum on the 'war on terror', so they can justify taking our rights away 1 by 1.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I don't approve but If he were a real terrorist, he would shout threats where it matters, not on twitter... I'm starting to thing that twitter and facebook are being taken too seriously.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
A few years back, the london police gave chase, detained and then shot over a dozen times at a brazilian tourist that they thought looked suspicious.
That is paranoia for you. Still think the cop's actions were justified by "terrorism"?

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]You're all just as stupid as this guy is. You all should be lined up and freaking hung. Like logitic said everytime somebody gets arrested for some stupid shit like this the terrorist simply get another one up on us. It's just completely outlaw everything, and give away all of our freedoms in the name of security. Retards.[/citation]

Yes what logitic said makes sense. The moron that got arrested should have used a bit of common sense before posting something like that.

What you posted does not make any sense.

I don't like having freedoms taken away any more than the next person, but give me a break. With all of the crazy stuff that has been happening lately, you think that people SHOULD be posting that kind of stuff? Sorry, but that puts you in the same stupidity range as the guy that got arrested.

Here is an idea. Before people exercise their right to free speech, they should at least THINK about recent events that could cause their pointless babble to be taken seriously. People are crazy, and you can't expect the police to be able to distinguish between a crazy person and a person that is just trying to make a not-so-funny joke.

For instance, I attend the University of Texas @ Austin. Yesterday some crazy dude went on a suicide mission and flew a freaking plane into an IRS building. For what? Because he hates the government that's why. No one out there could have predicted this guy was completely crazy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/joseph-andrew-stacks-insane-manifesto-2010-2

Check that out. I can agree with some of his points, but this dude was a crazy/extremist/martyr.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]They guy is a retard....Free speech isn't really free speech, some things you should just never say![/citation]
Who decides what can be said? you?

Status
Not open for further replies.