ManyCam or something better?

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I've been using many cam for a while now. I was considering buying the pro version. But, before I do I wanted to come here and find out if there is something more elite. It's awesome for skype with family that is distance or a gf that is distant. A few reasons is cause we can watch movies with it. It has a picture in picture option and I can select a movie file as one of the things to be streamed. Anyways, I was curious more or less if there is more popular software for this. If I'm buying something like this I'd like to buy the best I can get or at least close to it.

Note: One reason I'd like to find something else is because if there are subtitles on the video then it will have all text mirrored on the stream which I find annoying.

jakehardy

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
From my point of view Many Cam is best. It is free and it offers the basic virtual webcam functions. It also allows you to broadcast your webcam video on MSN Messenger, Yahoo, Skype, AIM and CamFrog at the same time. Many Cam also lets you to add cool live computer generated special effects and graphics to your video.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

To use the PIP thing from many cam it'll put a watermark over the video stream. So, I know I would like to buy something like this at some point. I know this is the best free software of this style. But, I am simply curious if there's something better that isn't free since it would cost $50.