Mark Zuckerberg Donating Half His $$$ to Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
i dont know why i prefer the money goes into medical or technological research rather then ....well they really didnt say exactly.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]i dont know why i prefer the money goes into medical or technological research rather then ....well they really didnt say exactly.[/citation]

It's up to whomever is donating.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]It's up to whomever is donating.[/citation]

yea well if they want to see change in their lifetime they'd better put it into medical fields primarily.
like stem cell, cancer and AIDS ... those 3 should keep the donations busy.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]It's up to whomever is donating.[/citation]

Whoever*

The reason for this is that the clause "whoever is donating" is treated as a noun. Thus, "whomever" would be incorrect, since in the noun clause, it is the subject; it is not part preposition "to" that preceded it. "Whoever" is proper choice when it is the subject of the verb.

zoridon

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
I'd donate half my billions to hire a army of private investigators backed by an army of "Lawyers" to sue the pants off anyone who lies in public office. That alone would do more to clean up the mess in my lifetime. It could be funded forever by the interest alone as long as it kept up with inflation. Just keep it equal opportunity and investigate any fraud in public office no matter what the background. Since we cant count on the "Free press" to do their contitutional job.

ben BOys

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
wait this evil chunt is giving his money aeay. now he's just a chunt imo. still though my opinion of him would be like hitler doing the same. deep down he's a greedy evil chunt

tronika

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
[citation][nom]sseyler[/nom]Whoever*The reason for this is that the clause "whoever is donating" is treated as a noun. Thus, "whomever" would be incorrect, since in the noun clause, it is the subject; it is not part preposition "to" that preceded it. "Whoever" is proper choice when it is the subject of the verb.[/citation]
boy your in internet terrotories. you beest get out b4 we gets angries. no but really, thanks for helping. course, it's all relative really. if i were to give half of my money away i'd still be fine to right? in fact, the amount of money i give away at the holidays is quite a bit. nearly "half" of my bank account.
as for mark Z. good for him.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I don't dislike this man as much anymore.
Now lets wait and see how many of these people hold up to their promises Can someone early on put a few billion into artificial organs, specifically the heart? I want to live long enough to see this here. :)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]sseyler[/nom]Whoever*The reason for this is that the clause "whoever is donating" is treated as a noun. Thus, "whomever" would be incorrect, since in the noun clause, it is the subject; it is not part preposition "to" that preceded it. "Whoever" is proper choice when it is the subject of the verb.[/citation]
This is the internet, we speak Stark here, there is no "whom" in Stark!

Status
Not open for further replies.