Mark Zuckerberg ''Quite Sure'' He Didn't Sign Away 84% of Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Only thing more boring than reading news about Zuckerberg is the fact that they are making a movie about him & the origins of Facebook.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]hokkdawg[/nom]Only thing more boring than reading news about Zuckerberg is the fact that they are making a movie about him & the origins of Facebook.[/citation]
You think they will include Cegli in the movie and the "signing"?

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Curse that fine print!!!

But in all seriousness, why did this guy wait this long to claim his stake in facebook? I could see that this guy did work for him and that the contract was real but modified once signed so this guy could seem legit about it. Who would ever initally sign away 50% stake to the initial programmer? Seriously...

He's either being sore about only getting $1,000 from a multi-million dollar site or he's really hurting for work. Of which case, having "Created FaceBook" on your resume would make one think he'd get a lot of work.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I think the author meant to say that "Ceglia had done some contract work for Zuckerberg." The way it's worded says that Zuckerberg worked for Ceglia and that would imply that Ceglia owes *HIM* some compensation.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
The media is short-stroking this all over the place (which is par for the course). The fact is that this dufuss Ceglia is never going to get 84% of Facebook. He simply did not materially contribute to what Facebook is today. It has evolved from a simple online yearbook app that he may have helped develop to the biggest social network site on the planet. It involves millions of lines of code created by hundreds if not thousands of programmers of the course of the past half-decade. Zuckerberg doesn't even own the majority of Facebook. He owns something like 25% with the rest being owned by various other individuals and investment groups.

What will probably happen is that they will eventually settle out of course for an undisclosed amount (probably a 7-figure sum), with Ceglia agreeing to abrograte all rights to any further claims to Facebook ownership, and/or entitlement to earnings.

skevil

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
If it is real, he might have been waiting all this time to let Facebook grow to the size it has without having to do any work so that when he would get 84% of it, he would be getting 84% of Facebook's $25b worth and not however much Facebook was worth a few years ago.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The other article I read said that Ceglia paid Zuckerberg $1000 to create thefacebook.com. Ceglia owns a car dealership or something and was also trying to reach out into social networking (investment opportunities I guess). The initial contract was that Ceglia would maintain 50% ownership, and Zuckerberg would lose 1% for every day the project was late. Basically, Ceglia was an initial investor into thefacebook, which Zuckerberg later transitioned the idea to plain-old facebook. That's how I understand the situation.

If this man initially paid Zucks $1000 for 50% of facebook, that's where it stands. If this guy wins, all of facebook's subsequent investors are going to have a nice lawsuit to file against Zuckerberg.

Face it, Zuckerberg's a tool. He probably thought he could get out of the deal by moving to a different domain name. The guy has shown over and over that he has no idea how to run a company.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
With any luck, the guy will gut his 84%, and make people ACTUALLY INTERACT. Seriously, your running a virtual farm, with virtual crap (the fertilizing thing) and have 1000s of Freinds you'll never meet helping. Last I checkined meeting people on-line is how children get raped.

Frald out.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
shame thefacebook.com never went live, isn't it.

Give the guy his grand back and be done with it.

[citation][nom]azconnie[/nom]Last I checkined meeting people on-line is how children get raped.Frald out.[/citation]

Last time I checked, it's idiotic comments and sweeping generalisations like that which cause all manner of shit and complications for the 99.9% of legitimate users of social networking sites a bad name.

Don't want your kids raped by an online pedo? Don't let them go online unattended and raise your kids properly.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Mark Zuckerberg isn't "Quite Sure About Anything" these days. I realize he is young, but you're a damn leader, CEO, and face for your company [pun not intended]. Start acting like an adult and don't give us these repeated childish replies when people ask you questions. Literally, for the past 3 months he's replied the exact same way with almost no change in his speech to dozens of different questions in interviews.

Diane Sawyer should have just said told him, "Man the fuck up Zuckerberg" and left without doing an interview and aired that.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom] 99.9% of legitimate users of social networking sites a bad name.Don't want your kids raped by an online pedo? Don't let them go online unattended and raise your kids properly.[/citation]

How about don't let them go online at all? These kids spend hours and hours online, if you expect any parent to actually monitor their kid for hours and hours at a time then I want to know what you consider raising your kid properly? Properly to me would never allow them to have a facebook. I dont have one, dont need one. I socialize the old fashion way, IN PERSON!

Status
Not open for further replies.