Market to Play Store causes widgets to disappear

Evan20x

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Hello all.

Phone is a Huawei Fusion U8652 running Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread.

So a family member no longer needed their phone so they gave it to me. I then continued to do a factory reset, let it all get finished and rebooted. I fiddle around with it a little bit and then decide to sync my Google account and so it started updating like mad crazy and once it updated from Market to Google Play Store this is when the widgets started disappearing on REBOOT.

I have factory reset a couple more times since to see if the problem would perceive but the widgets always go missing after the play store update.

I come here to ask of some assistance or any reason why this might be happening and if there is a solution.

Thank you.

Solution
When you factory reset, let all the widgets disappear. Note all the widgets that disappear. Go into system settings and clear data for all those apps. Then, add the widgets again and see if they stay.

EManU3LXX

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
When you factory reset, let all the widgets disappear. Note all the widgets that disappear. Go into system settings and clear data for all those apps. Then, add the widgets again and see if they stay.

Solution