Mass Effect 2 Cover Art Goes Euro Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icylobster

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I actually like the old box art more than the new one. I feel that the old one is more detailed and interesting. However the special edition is very cool and may be my top pick.

HPT

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
The old one way better, looks a bit action-like with lot of stuff going on and a beautiful background (destruction and space beauty contrast). The new one sucks and looks like those cheesy 70s-80s movie posters and Sheppard's expression looks like he is ready to tear your balls off.
However the special edition is simple and very elegant, this would be my top pick too.

G

I believe it is actually based on Yvonne Strahovski:

http://www.strahotski.com/

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Liked the first one, hated the second one. Looks like the last one I will be getting. Not because it looks good but I like all the stuff that comes with it.

zmanz

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
First one is awesome thanks to having an artistic appeal, the bodies of all the subjects are in dynamic pose and don't have any parts of them cut off. It portrays a bit more depth than just three people standing going "DURRRR" like in the second. The Collector's Ed. looks like some kind of bulletin board for a bad energy drink.

G

Dam EA plot removing the Patriotic Arm coloring from the cover! Anyone else notice the Red White and Blue being hidden in the Euro Cover!

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I dunno, I like the first box better...the CE is epic...but of the other 2, the first one seems the match the original ME box art better and the Euro box just seems colored oddly...

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
actually i liek both the new and the old box art... it's got that "old 70's-80's sci if novel cover look , though hoenstly i cant satnd teh collectors ed look looks more like soem kind of X-men liek game, i much prefer the classic sci fi novel look

B16CXHatch

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I like the old one better. I think it's cause it has blue in it and I tend to lean more towards cool colors opposed to warm colors.

I think I can understand why people wouldn't like it. It really does look like the cover for an older game. Then again, the new one sorta does too because of the girl. Remove her and it'd lose that old look.

The Collector's Edition however looks much more sleek and modern. I like it the most. Kinda makes me think of Crysis.

I'm almost looking forward to this. I just bought the first Mass Effect for $10 on a Steam half-price weekend. Not the best thing I ever played (I prefer JRPG's, I like the cute anime girls dammit!) but it was a good time killer and for 10 bucks, you couldn't beat the amount of content. Made me feel much better after pissing away $60 on MW2.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Dam EA plot removing the Patriotic Arm coloring from the cover! Anyone else notice the Red White and Blue being hidden in the Euro Cover![/citation]

Wow, firstly I didn't. Now that you say it there truly is an American patriotic message that perhaps is indented to go peoples subconsciousness. That cover would have bombed in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.