Mass Effect 3 Drama to be Cleared with "Extended Cut" DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
But will this upcoming DLC be the satisfying ending Mass Effect gamers really want?

It's pretty obvious that it's not what people were asking for (you can't "clarify" nonsense).

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
To be honest, I beat it the other day I see nothing wrong with the ending that was provided to me. I actually enjoyed it. The one thing I DID NOT enjoy was how they changed how Shepard runs (probably for the multiplayer experience) and also his animations in cut scenes. Mass Effect 2 was done much better. Other than that the game was bad ass including the fighting.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]To be honest, I beat it the other day I see nothing wrong with the ending that was provided to me. I actually enjoyed it. The one thing I DID NOT enjoy was how they changed how Shepard runs (probably for the multiplayer experience) and also his animations in cut scenes. Mass Effect 2 was done much better. Other than that the game was bad ass including the fighting.[/citation]

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

They tell you you'll die in all 3 options... you actually watch yourself disintegrate... then it shows you taking a breath. Wtf...

Also, the Mass Relays are gone and entire fleets are left in our solar system with only 1 habitable planet which is still inhabitable to 2 of the races involved (can't eat the food). So they're basically F&@%ed.

The Normady somehow makes it through the mass relay they didn't know would explode then ends up on another planet. Why did they leave?

The list of plot holes goes on forever... this won't be fixed with an extended ending.

G

Bioware is not "caving in". It is repairing a defective product. Enough said.

sanfilipo

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I knew they would disappoint again. What I wanted was another ending that made sense, that reflected my efforts, I don't need extended diarrhea. But it's okay, maybe it's time to forget about Mass Effect and move on with my life. Though thank you bioware, for making a trilogy I really enjoyed, you somehow become corrupted.
Lets hope the pain will go away.

magnetite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
You guys should look up that video "Shepard's Indoctrination" on Youtube. That'll make sense of the endings. There were plenty of hints throughout the game and series to support it.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The endings did suck, but not because they didn't make sense. It's because the multiple endings are pretty much exactly the same with minor differences, like a change of color scheme. Plus it offers absolutely no closure about your crew or how your decisions ended up affecting the universe. And if people were to draw their own conclusions based on what they learned from the previous games, then it means at worst, everyone pretty much died and whole worlds were destroyed, or at best all of the armada you gathered is going to be trapped on Earth for a long, long time. But it definitely didn't help that the final choices were vague and the ending itself made absolutely no sense to the point where people are saying it must've just been a dream.

When I heard about how horrible the ending was, I thought everyone was just being a bunch of whiners. Then I won, and I thought meh. That was stupid, but I didn't care. I thought it was dumb that crew magically teleported,. Then I tried a different ending it was the exact same thing pretty much. Then I youtubed the third ending because I didn't want to sit through 20 minutes of unskippable cutscenes and dialog again, and it was the same thing yet again. That doesn't seem like artistic vision to me. It seems like FU to the fans.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Let me guess, Bioware, EA's newest bitch left the ending all F'ed up so to try and get everyone to buy into ME4 or Bioware is just no good anymore. I say it is the later of the two.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
The problem with the end is that it had nothing to do with any of the decisions you made throughout the games. You get to the end and it’s like pick a door. None of the stuff you did have any bearing on the “doors”.
Still a fun game.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
While I didnt like the endings I suggest they offer fans a 4th choice. Walk away. You walk away, get back on the normandy and use its thanix cannons to start taking down reapers one by one. We saw in the game that they have mobile launchers for thanix missiles (though how you make a thanix missile is beyond me), and the alliance cruiser leipzig has its own thanix cannons.

Thanix cannon: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/Ships_and_Vehicles#Normandy_Weapon_Upgrade:_Thanix_Magnetic-Hydrodynamic_Weapon

All we have to do is start upgrading everyone to thanix missiles and thanix cannons and we fight back against the reapers the way we were meant to with grit and determination.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
SPOILER
here is the extended endings conclusion

you were indoctrinated, blaa blaa, watch videos about it... the best end they showed you taking a breath... my guess is that they will tell you, that you were indoctrinated, blaa blaa, and that they are going to sell you the reall ending down the line that they cut out of the game.

the only thing that will change is the best endings special end will come for every option you chose...

thats just my take and how plot hole filled that ending is and how stupid the decisions you make are, everyone should demand a real ending and not that thrown together circular logic crap you got.

G

I believe all the "fans" should just have accepted the endings as similar as they may be, just because of the outcome of shepard not being what they wanted. Poor them!!. Accept that the creators of this game have their vision of THEIR game!. You just play it!. Ever think that regardless of certain holes, all the outcomes hint to moving on with another character!!. Anyone, anyone?. No, they all just bitches and complained about it not thinking where the future of this series could go now. I don't consider those whiners "fans".

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]While I didnt like the endings I suggest they offer fans a 4th choice. Walk away. You walk away, get back on the normandy and use its thanix cannons to start taking down reapers one by one. We saw in the game that they have mobile launchers for thanix missiles (though how you make a thanix missile is beyond me), and the alliance cruiser leipzig has its own thanix cannons. Thanix cannon: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/C [...] mic_WeaponAll we have to do is start upgrading everyone to thanix missiles and thanix cannons and we fight back against the reapers the way we were meant to with grit and determination.[/citation]

going to be a nerd here, but those cannons can only take down the smaller reapers. won't do much against sovereign class reapers.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]SPOILER here is the extended endings conclusionyou were indoctrinated, blaa blaa, watch videos about it... the best end they showed you taking a breath... my guess is that they will tell you, that you were indoctrinated, blaa blaa, and that they are going to sell you the reall ending down the line that they cut out of the game.the only thing that will change is the best endings special end will come for every option you chose... thats just my take and how plot hole filled that ending is and how stupid the decisions you make are, everyone should demand a real ending and not that thrown together circular logic crap you got.[/citation]

Actually, the indoctrination theory can be dismissed at this point. BioWare clearly said they won't change the existing ending. Take a look.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]accepting gamer[/nom]I believe all the "fans" should just have accepted the endings as similar as they may be, just because of the outcome of shepard not being what they wanted. Poor them!!. Accept that the creators of this game have their vision of THEIR game!. You just play it!. Ever think that regardless of certain holes, all the outcomes hint to moving on with another character!!. Anyone, anyone?. No, they all just bitches and complained about it not thinking where the future of this series could go now. I don't consider those whiners "fans".[/citation]

Bull$h!t. The problem with the ending is that is stomps all over the idea of Mass Effect - choices matter. It's a total deus ex machina, an ass pull. I don't have a problem with Shepard dying; I actually MUCH rather would have that than the traditional "happy end" crap and retiring with your love interest... but the problem is, endings don't make sense. THAT is why everyone is so pissed off.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I'd rather wait few months, and let them continue the story further. Like ME3 episode 1, 2, 3.
It feels like this DLC will be a waste of time, and will infuriate gamers even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.