Max Settings on modern games

bkandaz

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Hi all I have been researching for my next gaming system and I decided I would like to go mobile with this one.

1. What is your budget? $5000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Large screen

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement I can bring around easily.

5. How much battery life do you need? Won't matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Crysis 3 all on max settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Mostly gaming very little else.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500gb or more. Preferably an SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray? Won't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't like Razer because of poor quality builds, everything they sell feels like cheap plastic to me and malfunctions too quickly.

13. What country do you live iin? USA

Thanks everyone in advance.

Solution
If you are spending that much consider a Dell Alienware 17 R2 laptop and buy the graphics amplifier as well.
It has all the power you need right now, but it the graphics amplifier lets you plug in a desktop PC graphics card in the future so it can keep running games at high settings in four years time.

Just remember to tick that you want the 980m GPU as you work through your options.
The 970m will not last as well as the 980m for when you are traveling and don't want to bring a graphics amplifier.

Justin Millard

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
If you are spending that much consider a Dell Alienware 17 R2 laptop and buy the graphics amplifier as well.
It has all the power you need right now, but it the graphics amplifier lets you plug in a desktop PC graphics card in the future so it can keep running games at high settings in four years time.

Just remember to tick that you want the 980m GPU as you work through your options.
The 970m will not last as well as the 980m for when you are traveling and don't want to bring a graphics amplifier.

Solution