Maximize Picture in MS Word

jdalin

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Please bear with me. I scan sheet music from a fake book and want to print it as large as I can on a page (I'm old). For example, the jpg may be 4" x 6" in size but I want to print it expanded to fill one entire page. In Adobe Photoshop Elements it's easy as pie - there's a print option called "Scale to fit media" that makes the picture (a .jpg image) as large as it can fit on a print page without cutting anything out of the picture, all while retaining its original aspect ratio.

Is there any way to do this in MS Word 2007? I can't figure it out. I open a blank Word document and insert the picture. I know I can click and drag it to make it bigger, and I know I can use narrow margins. What I'm asking is, is there any simple way to tell Word to maximize the size of the image on the page?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
No, because you are using pliers when you need a screwdriver ;)

If you do not have Photoshop installed on this computer, then you can try something free like GIMP. GIMP works very similar to Photoshop; I use it on my laptop and I install it on friends computers who do not want to purchase Photoshop.