Maya and Back burner

Siddeous

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Has anyone ever used back burner with Maya for network rendering. I have set up a rendering farm in the past but it was Lightwave's screamernet and I really don't know much about maya. I got backburner installed and the Master node (controller) and the server nodes (render computers) can speak to each other and I can monitor them in Backburner Queue monitor. I test a scene and two of my nodes get the error Cmdjob adapter: crate Cmdjob process error :2 and the other node gives me Cmdjob adapter: crate Cmdjob process error :193. Has anyone encountered this situation before?

actionsketch

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I was able to finally get around the error code 193 by adding an "exit 0" to the end of my batch script.

this was rather inconvenient because I was using a vbs script, and the only way I could figure out to solve it is to route the call through a batch script with this line of code.

also error code 2 appears to be a file not found error, usually if the target is local instead of on a share drive... or if the share drive isn't connected