Solved! McAfee drive encryption fatal error failed to read registry file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2019
I have an HP Folio 9480m laptop. While travelling, the power died while I was logged into my works security settings. Whe I attempted to power my laptop back on I get the following error: McAfee Drive encryption fatal error failed to read registry file. I ran diagnostics on the hard drive and it passed but nothing seems to resolve the issue. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Solution
My only suggestion is to contact McAfee and prove your ownership of the laptop and the data and they may take remote control and fix the Registry.

I'm assuming the programme comes with some form of account and that's how you can prove who you are.
Feb 4, 2019
I have McAfee Drive encryption on my laptop that I must log into before accessing my desktop. My laptop has encrypted files. I don't have any sort of back up. I can't even run the computer in safe mode.

My only suggestion is to contact McAfee and prove your ownership of the laptop and the data and they may take remote control and fix the Registry.

I'm assuming the programme comes with some form of account and that's how you can prove who you are.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.