McAfee Launches China Hack Detection Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
i guess he included china in there because the hacking of google and yahoo originated from china. Maybe he should have made the title "McAfee Launches Hack Detection Tool to defeat pro Chinese Communist Hackers" Is that still racist?

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
"To date, the only successful attacks that we are aware of have been against Internet Explorer 6."
The problem isn't IE6, its the people and companies still using IE6.

As the IT saying goes... The problem exists between the keyboard and the chair.

ready4dis

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]The problem isn't IE6, its the people and companies still using IE6.As the IT saying goes... The problem exists between the keyboard and the chair.[/citation]

If it's companies not upgrading from IE6, how does saying relate? Isn't it then the fault of the IT department not allowing or embracing upgrades? I do agree the most common problem is the interface from the chair to keyboard, but in this case it just doesn't fit. I know at work, we are stuck with IE6, and it sucks horribly, but you can hardly blame the people using the computers, it's out of their hands.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
There are ways to lock down computers using IE7/8

Its just that most "IT guys" are too dumb and lazy to make the adjustments.

I know I did it at my company, never had a problem.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]ready4dis[/nom]If it's companies not upgrading from IE6, how does saying relate? Isn't it then the fault of the IT department not allowing or embracing upgrades?[/citation]

But you do need to take into account that in a large company/corp you need to check if all or their applications would work with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or whatever the heck they are going to replace it with.

The time of the software testers costs money, and if something does go wrong, you'd need the developers to fix the problem (which also costs money). It'd be quite hard to explain by the manager to the higher-ups why it costs several thousand dollars just to change from IE6 to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.