MechWarrior Online Devs Raise $100K for Cancer Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclouds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Kudos to Piranha for organizing this. Not only is this a good deed but a community is built around it as well.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
This is cool. With cancer eventually solved we will be able to move to safely switching on regeneration. It's a shame there are so many people in the world who are anti-science. I say they should probably get de-prioritised on the treatment waiting lists because of all the people they caused to horribly suffer and die.

Menigmand

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Great that they have raised so much money from this, and great that people have contributed. But when I see that this mech provides a 10% EXP boost, I must admit I wonder if that could have something to do with the success...

Poul Wrist

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Menigmand - there are multiple other mechs, including, I believe, a similar one with the 10% xp boost. That are equally only available to purchase for real money.

Lysanthir

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Menigmand - I've never even used my Sarah's mech as already had an identical founders version which gives me a 25% C-Bill bonus which is much more useful to me. You really wouldn't buy the mech for the 10% xp. ;)

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
This is a very cute design with good equipment on a Jenner D. I'm a Legendary Founder for MWO, and Phoenix backer as well. I've dropped a fair share of cash into this franchise. Sarah will always be remembered.

Narbonne1944

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I really think this was pushed on the devs by the community. The father, or someone who knew the story, asked for it, and it blew up on the forums and among the clans. There was alot of pressure and when it was delayed for legal reasons there was alot of negativity on the forums. At any rate, great that they actually did it. We were all surprised by how much was made, there are nights when there are hardly any people dropping in groups. The mech itself is pretty good, wish you could paint over children's decals though.

Narbonne1944

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I really think this was pushed on the devs by the community. The father, or someone who knew the story, asked for it, and it blew up on the forums and among the clans. There was alot of pressure and when it was delayed for legal reasons there was alot of negativity on the forums. At any rate, great that they actually did it. We were all surprised by how much was made, there are nights when there are hardly any people dropping in groups. The mech itself is pretty good, wish you could paint over children's decals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.