Media randomly pausing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angalise

Prominent
May 6, 2017
Literally ANY app I play music or videos on (Youtube, Spotify, Netflix, anything) keeps pausing for absolutely no reason at all. I recently did a system update that did not work. Turning my phone off and back on didn't work either. How do I fix it?

Solution
If there is to much running on the phone, this can cause your problem. The same goes for if the service provider/carrier is having data issues or you have a data slowdown/cut off limit. Which most do.

Try turning off (actually closing out of the app) the other programs you aren't using at the time. Then in the case of programs like that, you should only be running one of them at a time. Otherwise expect problems. Also, if you are running any of it through the browser instead of individual apps, the browsers cache could be overly full and slowing you down. Lastly, make sure that all the apps you are using are actually updated.
If there is to much running on the phone, this can cause your problem. The same goes for if the service provider/carrier is having data issues or you have a data slowdown/cut off limit. Which most do.

Try turning off (actually closing out of the app) the other programs you aren't using at the time. Then in the case of programs like that, you should only be running one of them at a time. Otherwise expect problems. Also, if you are running any of it through the browser instead of individual apps, the browsers cache could be overly full and slowing you down. Lastly, make sure that all the apps you are using are actually updated.

Solution
Feb 14, 2018

Try resetting the network settings

Apr 3, 2018

I was having the same issue with my phone after doing a factory reset for a different concern. After doing so, my phone would pause whenever I'd stream anything...YouTube, Pandora, all streams. It was such a headache.

I tried trouble shooting and found that my smart pause/mute button was locked to stay on. It would not turn off. So, I contacted my provider whom could not reset my issue but, they did contact Samsung for me. Samsung ended up fixing the problem by refreshing my sim card a few times. Fingers crossed, so far the issue is resolved and I can now resume using my fav streaming apps.

I hope this helps someone.

Jul 25, 2018
Every app I tried to listen to, audible, YouTube, podcasts, etc., Would pause every other second. I used the developer options to view running apps and closed one by one, then would hit play. The only app that I would close that resulted in no more pausing was the chrome browser app. After stopping it's services, all was smooth sailing!

Aug 24, 2018
I'm having the very same issue and have disabled Chrome and still have the problem. I've also disabled Google Assistant with no luck. I started having the problem when I got my Galaxy Note 8 and thought it was the phone so I traded it in for a LG v30 and I'M STILL having the problem! It happens on ALL media players while streaming OR playing from files on the phone such as saved music or even videos I've shot with the camera. I've searched for months now for a solution but nothing works. The only difference between my LG v30 and the Note 8 where I'm having the problem and my older phone a LG v20 where I didn't is the Note 8 and v30 are running Android 8 Oreo and my old v20 was running Nougat. Never had the problem before Oreo. Please! Anyone have possible solutions?

Aug 28, 2018

Im having the same problem on my Note 8, It is soo frustrating. seems to only do it when I am charging though.

Status
Not open for further replies.