Medusa nx 5.1 and speaker hardware switch

richy1066

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Hello,

i have a medusa nx 5.1 headset (4 jack version not usb) and a speaker setup. i know there are switches designed to flick between headsets and speaker setups...but i cant find any which have more than 2 inputs, the medusa has 3 audio and 1 microphone, and my speakers + bass is 3 jacks too, are there any hardware switches around which cater for these surround setup switching since all ones i find are stereo 2 jack inputs

richy1066

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
had a thought but not sure if it'll work.

instead of a 3 port switch, what about 2 * 2 port ones? if i treat the first's switch l and r inputs as say front and center, and the 2nd switch for bass and maybe even the 4th port as mic, i could then connect the 2 switches to the relevent jacks in the soundcard?

this would require these stereo switches are just straight connections from inputs to output that dont modify in any way, does anyone know if thats how they work, or do they interfere with the signal too?

Kukushka

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I would also like some input on this. I am trying to set it up so that when I switch off the headset via the control on the cable- the speakers will switch on. Currently the only arrangement that works is when the speakers are connected to the foreward jack of the pc rather then the sound card.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry