Meet Twine, a Magic Box That Can Control Your Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Now that's a really cool handy gadget. Been ages since anyone came up with anything worth giving a thought to.
Good luck guys, hope this works as you anticipated.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
nice idea, and a thousand better uses than when the microwave has finished (they beep when they are finished). Sensors for pill boxes opening, baths overfilling, beds being slept in, all these services are currently available from various alarm call providers, but being able to set them up yourself in the early stages of need might be great.

G

This already exists..... Its called an Isy994i, we just need to develop more insteon modules for toasters

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
meh, seems overhyped if you think realistically what this can actually do.

Not to mention the sensors will be too broad and may be tripped by other sounds/movements etc.

What would be 'nice' is if manufactures though about having a standard where

a) real sensors would be already in built, ready for an addon device to connect to the sensors and broadcast wireless

b) modern devices will have a cheapo wireless box attached.

I imagine the linear thinker will find little use for these other than given examples.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I was looking into this a few days ago. I love the idea of this little box. I would right all sorts of things in my place to use different sensors. My only recommendation would be to make an alternative model that has a more discrete look. Simple white box. Something easy to hide.

Besides that I plan on seeing this in the future and picking up one or two myself.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Great idea. I'd put one on my boat.
One of my neighbors just had his sink at the dock. I bet that little box sending an SMS to a cell phone could have prevented this expensive disaster !

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
[citation][nom]skaz[/nom] My only recommendation would be to make an alternative model that has a more discrete look. Simple white box. Something easy to hide.[/citation]
With an apple logo too, I suppose? What's the point. It's like a router, it just goes on a desk or in a cabinet somewhere. (And white boxes are ugly)

G

i've been selling 2 similar products in Europe for years now... not for end clients but for companies

Status
Not open for further replies.