Melted spot on laptop?

Solution
If the wifi does not work and is the hotspot, I would remove the wifi adapter and insulate the ends of the power cables to the adapter well with electrical tape and use a USB wireless adapter (much cheaper than replacing a specific wifi internal adapter).

RealBeast

Distinguished
Does it actually still run? Not sure what laptop model you have, but that is a big problem. Still under warranty?

Try cleaning out all the vents and running some temp monitoring software at idle and then with some stuff running. I would avoid any kind of full stress test until you can determine the cause and correct it.

Johnmark317

Estimable
May 16, 2015
Yes it still does run, this is my laptop that i use daily not sure what model it is, its a hp pavillion,will find the model when i can, i dont really think its the fan because the spot is more in the middle where the motherbord and ram is but i will try to clean out my fans, have any tips since i dont really know how and what software would u recommend me!?

RealBeast

Distinguished
If the wifi does not work and is the hotspot, I would remove the wifi adapter and insulate the ends of the power cables to the adapter well with electrical tape and use a USB wireless adapter (much cheaper than replacing a specific wifi internal adapter).

Solution