Solved! Memory storage name

Saga Lout

Olde English
Portable Storage applies to a SdCard that can hold files that would normally live in the System folders. External issn;t an option - it's either Portable or Internal (system) storage.

Internal Storage is using the card to take the strain off the system folders to alow more Apps to run. That said, some Apps can't work properly outside those folders so using the SdCard for that purpose doesn't always give an advantage.

Portable is fine if you have large number of pictures or music. The phone or table works better if it has those files in the SdCard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 6
M Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 5
A Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
B Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
W Android Smartphones 7
X Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 2
P Android Smartphones 3
S Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
Similar threads
Solved! I have an oppoA3s and have a memory of 16 GB but but still my phones shows internal storage is running out though I transter t
memory saver stopped unfortunately
Solved! 20 Gigs of Data in my internal memory?
I need help on how I can decode the memory card
How can I free up memory ? (i already deleted cache & apps, and I moved apps to SD)
Solved! How to find 'hidden' used memory.
Solved! How to set sd card as default storage memory of Samsung galaxy j7 duo
Did all the steps correctly but still download is not taking placee on sd card
Pls help. My app will reinstall the memory in the internal memory eventhough i switched it to the sd card
ASUS_Z00LD failure of using 16gb memory card
My internal storage system memory alwaysfull?
My device memory is 15.66GB out of 16GB. And my sd card is 11GB out of 29GB. Yet when i move anything, either from 'my files'
vivo y71 missing 8gb storage memory
I have a memory card but my phone keeps saying no space and I formatted my SD card to internal storage and the only thing left
is there a limit of how much memory is devoted to the sd card for apps to be moved to
Blade X phone and SDcard wars
My memory card is of 32 gb but after 722 mb it is showing not enough storage what to do
I have 4GB memory card but when ever I download any app they tell me internal storage full
What if your memory card can only be formatted as a portable storage? How can I use it as an internal one?
How to switch to SD card or external memory storage?

ASK THE COMMUNITY