Memory Upgrade on gateway MT3423

kona

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
I bought this little dude at a great price a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. One thing I noticed was that DDR2 modules are really cheap and I was thinking about putting 4 gigs in this computer because I plan to keep it a while. The problem is that when I decided to check to see if it could in fact handle 4 gigs, gateway's website says it will only go to 2 gigs. I was hoping someone knows otherwise. The chipset is an Nvidia Nforce 6100.

I really want to just pull the trigger and buy some more RAM but am unsure if I will be wasting my money or not.

Please help me if you know anything about this.

Thanks

kona

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
Wrong. I noticed somebody else one newegg had the same laptop and they said they upgraded theirs to 4 gig and it was fine. So I tried it too and am currently running 4 gigs in it.

Cheers

G

I just finished adding 4Gb to mine and it is not happening. Only recognizes 2.60GB. Am I doing something wrong. Am running Vista Ultimate 32Bit. Any comments please post.

KakoNegro

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Me again! The one with the 2.60gb problem. I checked the bios and recognizes the 4gb and also installed vista 64bit and it did recognized, but pulled it back to 32 bits. But it does detects 4GB of memory.