Mentions of a PlayStation Portable 2 Appear Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

arhodes

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Sony should just make it a phone too, than it might be more exciting. I don't even use the telephone side of my phone that much anymore anyway, I tend to call people as a last resort when a text message or email does not work. So, give it a touch screen for ipod like phone experience and keep the slide out controller for gamers.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
psp phone!!! come on sony you could rape apple and Nintendo if you just added that to a PSPGO make it for all major carriers and you have instant win!!!

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
1. Flash based media format (SDHC cards range between 4 and 32 GiB) since UMD is a battery hog
2. Next-gen Tegra please! Sony should really take the initiative and work with Nvidia on new technology, then put it into the next PSP
3.Screen res greater than 480p. qHD (quarter 1080p or 960x540) would be awesome IMO since the Tegra is made for HD content. I hate when people say on such a "small screen" it's useless. But the screen is usually a few inches away from my face, which is roughly equivalent to a big screen a few feet away.
4. DUAL ANALOGS, NOT SLIDERS! L2 and R2 analog triggers!

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Forgot to mention the whole phone thing.

I would personally like to see it, either if there was a whole iPod Touch/iPhone sort of deal, where one model has all the features except those related to using it as a phone. OR if it wasn't necassary to get a contract, and you could at any point hitch up with a carrier if you felt like using the phone functionality (which would be my preference).

Would be pretty cool to set up online match making through a 3G service.

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
they better improve game quality with this version. I'm not just talking graphics, i mean playability the Original PSP failed me because all of its games for the most part had horrid playability compared to the DS high end games. as far as graphics for what it is worth i thought for the kind of device the PSP was it could have implemented better graphics, where as the DS on the other hand, you already knew you were getting lower end graphics and yet at the same time some of the DS games still managed to surprise you with how beautiful they looked.

anyway as far as the PSP2 it also needs to be smaller than the original PSP if it is like the picture, i think that will suffice. at the same time, i agree with the touchscreen addition that was previously mentioned it definitely needs this.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I don't get why everyone seems to want a phone in it...

In my opinion: Take the current PSP, give it dual analogs, beef up the CPU, more RAM, and an SD card slot instead of MMC. UMD support to be brought back, increased battery life and/or higher quality screen.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Hilke Muslim, Coordinator at "Frumusete pe muchie de cutit", of ProTV in Romania, lists in her summary: "casting assistant: Sony PSP2."

If I've learned something after living 18 years in Romania, is that you should never believe what we say and especially don't believe what is written in a CV.

G

to make this wildly successful... have a build in torrent app. then add: a mini displayport/hdmi. enable different web browser support. enable flash/java support. somehow make power consumption more efficient. include the latest display technology, maybe Super AMOLED, or whatever is out by then. Make the thing 3d out the box. Use an SSD with at least 12gb. Also allow expandable memory. Include a built in webcam/mic for online gaming, online chatting, skype, aim, etc. I'm already drooling just thinking about something like this...

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]to make this wildly successful... have a build in torrent app. then add: a mini displayport/hdmi. enable different web browser support. enable flash/java support. somehow make power consumption more efficient. include the latest display technology, maybe Super AMOLED, or whatever is out by then. Make the thing 3d out the box. Use an SSD with at least 12gb. Also allow expandable memory. Include a built in webcam/mic for online gaming, online chatting, skype, aim, etc. I'm already drooling just thinking about something like this...[/citation]

and cost more than the ipad... GG

Status
Not open for further replies.