Messenger ap has disappeared and Facebook page

Jul 11, 2018
Android Samsung Galaxy Tab A. When l opened up the tablet today Thursday 12th July the Messenger ap has disappeared from my screen and it will not let me back into it via Facebook.

Solution
If it isn't showing in both Icons and in "Settings", "Apps", "All", then either it is gone, or it is being hidden by something that is on the tablet.

Try starting up in "Safe Mode". If it shows up there (while you won't be able to use it in there, you can see if it is there). If they show, then there is a bad app, virus, malware, etc., on the tablet that needs to be removed. If they still don't show, even in "Safe Mode" then they were removed from the device and would have to be re-added.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few...
Did you check the app icons to see if it is still showing in there? Tap and Hold the background of the home screen and see if it is still listed with the rest of the icons.

If it is, then you should be able to just re-add it to the screen again. If it isn't there then the app would have been removed.

Then I would check in "Settings", "Apps", and then "All" to see if it is even listed there.

If it isn't showing in both Icons and in "Settings", "Apps", "All", then either it is gone, or it is being hidden by something that is on the tablet.

Try starting up in "Safe Mode". If it shows up there (while you won't be able to use it in there, you can see if it is there). If they show, then there is a bad app, virus, malware, etc., on the tablet that needs to be removed. If they still don't show, even in "Safe Mode" then they were removed from the device and would have to be re-added.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Jul 11, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from judithgoode01 : "Messenger not working"

I cannot access Messenger. I tried downloading it and stopped before it completely download and l still can't find it.
Also l cannot find Google play store