Solved! Metal around USB port on Zenbook Flip 14 bent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2018
Just purchased a brand new Asus UX461UN, and the metal case near the USB port is bent outwards. It looks to be mainly a cosmetic issue, but it's unsightly and a major bummer for a new $1,300 device that came straight out of the box. At certain angles, I can see a hole between the material through to the other side.

Is this easily fixable, or should I RMA it? Bought it off B&H, but it might be weeks before I get it back again.

Thanks!

hang-the-9

Titan
Looks like all you need to do is push it in a tiny bit and it will be fine. Put a cloth over the surface, small cloth like used for cleaning glasses is good, and roll something smooth over it a few times with a bit of pressure (only a bit so you don't dent the surrounding area). Smooth round pen or pencil should be good.

hang-the-9

Titan
Looks like all you need to do is push it in a tiny bit and it will be fine. Put a cloth over the surface, small cloth like used for cleaning glasses is good, and roll something smooth over it a few times with a bit of pressure (only a bit so you don't dent the surrounding area). Smooth round pen or pencil should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
algibertt Laptop General Discussion 0
N Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 1
Melonade Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 3
P Laptop General Discussion 2
N Laptop General Discussion 9
A Laptop General Discussion 2