Metal Body Gaming Laptops

d3th5150

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Hello everyone,

I felt like asking around on here to see if anyone knew of really good laptops for gaming, that have metal body construction. And at or below the 15.6 inch size. I'm sadly not interested in carrying a 17.3 inch beast anymore.

So far I the only FMB (full metal body) laptop I have really found, as far as gaming is concerned, is one of the new Razerblades.
I don't mind the product I found either, except its a bit expensive. ($2100 and it comes with that garbage "Forge TV" for free. Really?)

Which brings me here to ask the fine members of the community. What laptops do you know of that feature a metal body construction? Also would like them to be cheaper then the $2100 price Razer wants, if possible.

I'm merely interested in window shopping at the moment, but this is what I'm looking for in a laptop, more or less:

I7 quad core ((47xx or better) Really want a Skylake 6700)
GTX 970m (or better)
8gb (or more)
Drive space or speed isn't really a concern, since I'll likely just get an SSD.
15.6 inch or smaller screen, 1920x1080

The only other thing that would be a bonus would be USB type c, but that's not as big of a deal as what I originally would like to find.

Anyway thanks in advance for any answers. :D

Solution
Nah, just seen one, I personally hate laptops and wouldn't use one unless I really have to. At first I thought they would be heavier. Felt better than an Alienware for sure, never tried razer personally but not a huge fan of the brand. Note the the version of the XMG I've seen was quite an older one, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. You should definitely read some customer reviews (from external forums, not their own) before investing that much into them however. They are by no means cheap.

d3th5150

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

Thank you for the reply. I will check this out in a few minutes and see what they have.

I have heard about Schenker laptops before, but mostly from online forums of people criticizing the flexibility of the screen and body. Although I can't say for sure if it was a metal body one or not.

For me the appeal is durability and rigidity. I mean I feel very uncomfortable handling my 2 year old cheapo Acer laptop when I take it apart. (not saying I do a lot, but once a year to clean the fan) Also, for me at least, I feel less concerned with a metal laptop in my bag then a plastic one. I guess you could say I don't like plastic. HA!

d3th5150

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

I was thinking that too for a while actually. I decided, though, that if I wait too long I may never have the chance to own a laptop with a design I really appreciate.

Edit, don't get me wrong design isn't everything. Thats why I'm looking for a gaming laptop with a metal body.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Well other enthusiast brands like MSI and asus (though would be a bit of an insult to call MSI enthusiasts) provide a metal corpus only, not full body, cheaper solution, yet useless in my eyes, since you either go full metal or plastic. But I like the XMGs, the level of customization, the looks - at first seem rough around the edges and yet there is something about them. That's just me however, since I would never spend cash on a Razer or Alienware.

d3th5150

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

So do you own an XMG?

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Nah, just seen one, I personally hate laptops and wouldn't use one unless I really have to. At first I thought they would be heavier. Felt better than an Alienware for sure, never tried razer personally but not a huge fan of the brand. Note the the version of the XMG I've seen was quite an older one, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. You should definitely read some customer reviews (from external forums, not their own) before investing that much into them however. They are by no means cheap.

Solution