Mic not working properly

lopenator

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hey everyone. Been experiencing issues with a headset that I am currently trying to use on my new PC that I just finished building.

I have a Asrock B250m Pro4 mobo on the Phantecks eclipse case.

So, I have a headset I a trying to use for gaming. Just a simple basic Logitech headset. Nothing special. I have the adapter to fit it into my headphone/mic jack on the PC tower. When I plug it in, the computer is receiving a response from the microphone, but not through the mic. haha. it is hearing me talk through the earbuds of the headset. It is kind of bizarre. I have downloaded the latest audio drivers for my mobo, Im pretty sure they were the correct ones that I would need to update.

Any thoughts on this? I have exercised everything I was able to think of. I just want to play CSGO >.>

it turns out it is a flaky connection on the front of my tower that i bought. I dont know what theyre going to do about that. Jeez..

Solution
First thing to check is that you're cables are plugged in correctly. It's easy to mix up and if the mic is getting pushed through the headphones thats going to be the reason. Also if you're using sound management software that does auto detect, you may have told it the headphones were the mic by accident, so check to make sure thats set correctly.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
First thing to check is that you're cables are plugged in correctly. It's easy to mix up and if the mic is getting pushed through the headphones thats going to be the reason. Also if you're using sound management software that does auto detect, you may have told it the headphones were the mic by accident, so check to make sure thats set correctly.

Solution