Solved! Mic sound issues!!!! HELP!!

Oct 1, 2020
Hi all,

I am having issues with my son's PC and could really do with some help - it all refers to the headset mic really!!

When I plug the headset directly into the motherboard - the pc detects and all sounds through the headset work perfectly. When he loads into Fortnite people cannot hear him speak but the mic symbol is sowing that someone is speaking (almost as if the mic is picking up game sound!)

I have tried a few options from various sources with no luck - I did do a driver update would that cause the mic to not wok?

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I ran into a similar problem recently. There are settings that allow you to grant or revoke permissions for certain apps to use the microphone. It is possible that your games doesn't have permission to use the mike. Open settings and search in settings for "microphone privacy settings". Let me know if this fixes it.
I ran into a similar problem recently. There are settings that allow you to grant or revoke permissions for certain apps to use the microphone. It is possible that your games doesn't have permission to use the mike. Open settings and search in settings for "microphone privacy settings". Let me know if this fixes it.

Solution