Micro SD card stopped working after 2 years, how to recover files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwing634

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
Here's the situation. My SD memory card, containing many photographs taken on my phone, stopped working after about two years. The phone said it was blank or that there was an error, and asks if I would like to format it. I've accepted that it probably does need to be formatted, but I can't get it to format...

I hit "format" on the phone, and nothing happens. So I got an SD card reader for my PC, to try to format it that way. Attempting to use windows to format (right click drive, format) = nothing happens. I'll right click, then click format, and literally nothing happens. So I downloaded SDFormatter, and it says the disk isn't recognized. I'm at a loss. There are many photographs that are very important to me that I'd like to recover.. any ideas?

redwing634

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007

The problem is, I can't even get the card formatted...

babytech215

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Honestly I know that even bad drives, whether formatted or not, their data can be recovered. I would assume the same for flash memory. Although considering it is flash memory and can be volatile what you have on there was permanently stored because you did not physically delete it. Being that format did not work, you have more hope. And being that those files were important, you'll probably be willing to pay the data recovery cost. I would Google that knowing there are many places that will do it if not establishments where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Cell Phone General Discussion 1
1 Cell Phone General Discussion 1
T Cell Phone General Discussion 2
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1
S Cell Phone General Discussion 2
I Cell Phone General Discussion 1
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1
S Cell Phone General Discussion 1
S Cell Phone General Discussion 3