Microphone buzzing noise interference possibly caused by GPU?

reshaydee

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
I recently purchased an Electro-Voice RE320 as a mic upgrade over my old AKG C1000S. Apart from a change of mics, I've always used the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my USB Audio Interface and have experienced no issues, interference, or noise with other microphones before the RE320.

With the RE320, there's a very noticeable buzzing sound at very close distances to my PC, but while running a game or having the GPU on load, the buzzing can happen even with the mic as far as 3 feet from the PC. This never happened with my older microphone.

Is there a way I can work around the RE320's "sensitivity" to interference? Or perhaps there's an issue with my GPU I can address in terms of grounding? I'm aware I can just move the mic and PC further away from each other, but I also have space limitations on my desk so I'm hoping I can keep my current setup and just fix it another way.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Video for reference: https://youtu.be/FJm6a8cKxQE

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from reshaydee : "I believe my GPU is causing interference noise on my microphone"

Adam_232

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same exact thing happen with the same set-up (re320, 2i2)

olliegilbey

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Had the same problem with my PC with my Focusrite 2i2 buzzing under GPU load. I just removed the ground cable from my amp (old NAD 3140) and it was perfect. To think I added the ground cable just to try and alleviate buzz...