I went to go grab something and when I came back to my computer, my headset was not picking up my voice any more but was picking up my computer's noises (i.e. system sounds, steam notifications). I've already tried checking my default communications devices and etc. but nothing has worked. When I plug in my headset into the mic jack, Realtek Audio Manager identifies it as a microphone but it still picks up the windows sound and not my voice. I installed all the latest drivers for my devices (headset, realtek audio, cpu, motherboard) and nothing is working.
OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2
Audio Drivers: Realtek HD Audio
Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver(Realtek).
- Once uninstalled, reboot your PC and it will automatically reinstall that driver.
- After the reboot do make sure that your headset mic is listed as the default recording device.
- If all these will not work do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If these doesn't work do also try to download and install the Engine 3 software for your headset.
- Here's the link: https/steelseries-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/drivers/engine/SteelSeriesEngine3.6.2Setup.exe