Microphone problem

G

My microphone repeats what is said, but then it continues to repeat, getting louder

I tried reinstalling sound drivers, and it didn't help

G

Oh, I should add that I use realtek audio drivers, if that may be the problem

I am not 100% what caused the problem because it happened when another person was on the computer, and its not the microphones.

BassBallz

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
The issue is the input signal of the microphone may be mixing with the windows input sound. On some audio software mixers there is something called, "What U Hear". If that's selected then your original speech gets copied and repeated depending on if the volume is above 50%.

Its kind of like putting Echo on a voice. If you put the initial volume and feedback both above 50%, it creates a loop that increases in volume each time.

Check to see if there is anything else other than just your microphone active for input signal. If you can isolate all audio inputs to just your microphone, you'll be fine.

Another thought, you speak into your microphone, it comes out your speakers, the microphone pics up the speakers and a loop is created. try turning down your speakers and see if the issue persists.