TheCanadianNewb

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
Hey guys! So about two days ago my microphone just stopped working randomly when i booted up my computer. I have tried everything that I can think of to fix this problem. Moral of the story is nothing will work. Was wondering if you guy could try to help me out!
-Reset to factory settings, did not work
-updated all drivers, did not work
-Made sure everything was not muted
No errors in device manager eather
-Had installed a VAC before the problem came up, no idea if this is because of a VAC

Here are my comp specs
CyberpowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Ultra 2227 AMD FX-Series FX-4300 (3.80GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Purchased Dec 11th

Hey thanks in advance guys!

TheCanadianNewb

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
@Rakston18
The Microphone is plugged in, hardware works fine on another system. (even tried a second mic still not working)
Vac has been uninstalled and even cleared from the BIAS + factory reset.

Can you see and change the sound settings via a right click on the little speaker icon (usually lower right screen corner) and the select "Recording Devices"?

Double check all of the properties settings...

Looked back and realized that you had not mentioned doing so..... apologies for the oversight there.

Otherwise the problem could be the microphone port on the computer.

Do you have a sound card with a microphone port or are you just using the motherboard microphone port?

Any webcams with a built in microphone? Does that microphone work?

TheCanadianNewb

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
Can change everything as normal, just wont pick up when I talk, if I click 'listen to this device" i hear this weird static and when i play a video from my computer it's almost like i can hear two of the video.

Property setting appear to be fine!

Have 2 ports on the computer, one on the back. one on the front. both don't work

Sadly no webcam, do you think a USB headset would fix this problem?