Microphone suddenly not picking up any audio

May 5, 2018
I have headphones with a microphone that require a splitter to work. This morning I installed the Windows 10 1803 update and a GPU driver update. Then when I tried to call my friend on discord I noticed the microphone doesn't work. Yesterday it worked just fine. I tried installing drivers from MSI but it didn't help. I tried nearly all of the settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager and Sound in windows. It probably is a software issue since the headphones and microphone (using the same splitter) work just fine on a different computer. using different headphones produced the same result (Both on the front and back jacks). The windows troubleshooter didn't find any issues.

Solution
Ok well I figured it out. The new windows update adds new permission settings to microphones which I had turned off. One of the programs I use called DoNotSpy10 which turns off different windows features turned off microphone permissions so changing the settings in windows and the application fixed my issue. Thanks for the help though.
May 5, 2018
Ok well I figured it out. The new windows update adds new permission settings to microphones which I had turned off. One of the programs I use called DoNotSpy10 which turns off different windows features turned off microphone permissions so changing the settings in windows and the application fixed my issue. Thanks for the help though.

Solution

Connote

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

Hey, think I have this problem. My microphone no longer works, on all micrphones i own. I have no idea what this is.