Microphone with Playback & HyperX Cloud II?

Elzito

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

This is my 3rd time writing this so I'm going to try and keep it simple.

Up until recently I've been using the Turtle Beach EarForce 320 headset to make live commentaries on YouTube. A couple of days ago when these broke I purchased the Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset but promptly returned it when I realised there was no microphone playback. I want a good microphone that allows me to hear myself speaking with extremely little/no latency. I have a $180 AUD budget (can be shifted slightly) ($130 US). In the past I have only used headset mics, but have been looking at something like the AT2020 however I hear you cannot hear yourself speak. I'm also looking to use the HyperX Cloud II headset if I do purchase a desktop mic. I do not have a recording room setup so there can be a moderate amount of background noise.
Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
For dedicated mics I recommend the Blue Snowball or Yeti, or if you can go up in budget the AT2020 from Audiotechnica.

These mics don't really produce much background noise and also, you can hear yourself if you set it to do so.

The Cloud II's are decent but the mic isn't the best thing, I actually just switched from the I's to the Logitech G430's today.

I hope these opinions help you.
Don't worry about not having a proper recording set up, most modern mics are good at picking up only your voice.

itsSacred

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
For dedicated mics I recommend the Blue Snowball or Yeti, or if you can go up in budget the AT2020 from Audiotechnica.

These mics don't really produce much background noise and also, you can hear yourself if you set it to do so.

The Cloud II's are decent but the mic isn't the best thing, I actually just switched from the I's to the Logitech G430's today.

I hope these opinions help you.
Don't worry about not having a proper recording set up, most modern mics are good at picking up only your voice.

Solution