Microsoft and Yahoo Say Google Buzz is Old Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Microsoft might not always be on the right track themselves but they got this one right:
Busy people don’t want another social network, what they want is the convenience of aggregation.
Thanks but no thanks Google Buzz.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
And what if we don't want to have separate accounts for everything? What if we wanted one Google account for everything.... I wouldn't mind that. No offense, but Hotmail is so 1999.

G

If you're using gmail anyway..Then Google Buzz is ofcourse a bonus...
As simple as that :)

zorreck

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I'll give it a try. I'm satisfied with Facebook, as annoying as it may at times be. But hell, if Google can deliver a better product, I'll switch.

G

I think MS and Yahoo kind of missed the point here. Yeah, people don't want another social networking account, but with the way Google has set it up, you're not really getting another account, it's just a twitter like feature inside Gmail.
There are a couple people I wouldn't mind following on twitter, but the problem is that I'd have to set up a twitter account to do it. If they were using Google Buzz rather than twitter, it's already set up for me.
Aggregation is nice, but I'd much prefer to have access to as much as I can through a single account (provided the single account can offer what I want.)

G

I barely trust Google with my web searches, never mind aspects of my social life. No thanks Google. I also genuinely think Microsoft's comment is right on the money, I fail to see what Google are offering that would take people away from better services that have existed for years.

ordos96

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Who did what first aside, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and teh likes all have such hudge security risks. The average user easily has their accounts compromised or download viruses. The problem now with what google is doing, is simply another way for these problems to spread, only this time when they take your account info, they instantly have access to your e-mail and anything in your e-mail. I want my e-mail seperate and secured away from any of these sites.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I think Google isn't (initially, anyway) targeting current twitterers (woah), but hoping the rest of us who already have a google account will give it a shot since it doesn't require going as far out of our way. Of course, get base users...and watch it grow.

I'm still weary. My dog had a myspace (so I could message people when needed), but I've managed to avoid facebook and twitter.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I think that I don't really care. I don't use Twitter or the MSN network socializing. I have my email and very rarely use facebook. I wish I could get rid of facebook!

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Since when was facebook not over-populated with people with too much time on their hands?

I'll pop one maybe once a day and see endless posts by some people.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I don't use Facecrap,pootter, or myshit. Email works. and if i havn't talked to you since high school, why would i want to talk you now? JMO

G

Sony made high end game consoles before you did Microsoft. That didn't stop you from making x-box though, now did it? I mean, why would we want something that has already been out for years before yours, and which is clearly better and more reliable in every aspect? You even want us to PAY for your service when Sony gives it out for free!

G

[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]That makes the two of us[/citation]
Three. Same with twitter...I don't care what the hell your up to. I don't care what you just ate, or did in the bathroom. I mean, really? C'mon.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I dunno. Google is good with their search engine, i love it, but they should stop monopolizing everything. I mean, every company ought to do that, but Google is trying to compete with those services/software that are free! Google, u dun own eveeerything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.