Microsoft Announces Price Hikes for Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheawesome

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Can't you get 12 month cards for $35 on amazon already? Either way, people are still going to pay for the service, no matter what MS makes it cost.

Omniblivion

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I was wondering where Microsoft was going to get the $1 Bil cash to market/postrelease develop the Windows 7 Phone. Poor XBox Live Users :(

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Sigh I was hoping it was going to be a hike down. I guess their cash cow isn't putting out as much as they would like it to.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Hahahahahahaha... and I thought people were chumps for paying the $50. I'm sure people will pay the $60, because they're idiots. Xbox Live is not worth $50. It's not even worth $5. It's worthless middleware that makes it easier to connect to other players and tracks stats. That's it. Not like they're running multiplayer servers for games, and it's not like they continue supporting their old catalog of games. Just ask the people with Halo 2 coasters. I don't care if people want to waste $5 a month on a chat service/marketplace. I just hate the precedent it sets for other companies who want to nickel and dime gamers, and chumps actually fall for it, while savvy players pay the consequences as well.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Microsoft's CES 2010 announcement that Xbox Live "is now an active community of over 20 million people"

Wow that is an extra $200 Million a year for their coffers. Does it even cost them that much to operate the network?

G

when wasn't it 60 bucks? I live in Canada and its always been 60.

117killer117

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
"Not like they're running multiplayer servers for games"

Yes they are, why else do you think that people with halo 2 cant play it online anymore?

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
boo! stop siphoning money from good projects and throwing it into the endless hole known as windows phone 7! I like windows decently enough, but it`s nowhere near modular or extensible enough to be an AIO solution.

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]117killer117[/nom]"Not like they're running multiplayer servers for games"Yes they are, why else do you think that people with halo 2 cant play it online anymore?[/citation]
There's no Matchmaking servers, but people could still play custom games if MS would let them and it wouldn't require anything from them really. Microsoft does NOT HOST DEDICATED GAME SERVERS. There's a massive difference. All they do is run the Matchmaking to connect random people. They don't have to do anything for custom games. It's pretty ridiculous.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
ROFL
get pushed around because the people allow it

either people got to stop buying it and get force it free like GFWL or fear for future price updates

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
This was to be expected. I mean they improved it alot in the last 12 months, what with last.fm, facebook, twitter skyplayer and whatnot.

Oh wait, those are all already free? my bad. (not really)

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
EPIC FAIL on Microsoft's part if you ask me. But I have never and will never be a XBL user.

And this ontop of the fact that PC's free, Sony does it for free, and so many other reasons the list can go on forever. $60 games, DLC just adds to the price gouging, outdated/expensive hardware, limited function/controls/settings, potty mouth teenagers...

Status
Not open for further replies.