Question Microsoft Authenticator cloud backup won't work

JakobFel

Prominent
Mar 13, 2021
Hi,

I recently got a new phone after resisting for a while, as I need one for work (sadly). As such, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to smart tech. I've begun trying to set up 2FA via Microsoft's Authenticator (avoiding Google like the plague) also after much resistance. If I'm going to lock down my accounts like this, I want to be sure there's a backup option that I can keep safe and secure, so I want to enable the cloud backup feature in the authenticator app.

However, when I try to enable this feature, it gives me an error message saying "Something went wrong. Please send us logs using the Send logs option."

I tried running some searches to see if I could fix this on my own but unfortunately, none of the suggestions helped. I'm doing this on standard wifi, I tried temporarily switching from Quad9 DNS back to my ISP's DNS, I tried using mobile data, I checked permissions, none of this seems to be helping.

Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I was between MS Authenticator and Authy but chose MS' app because I already had a Microsoft account so I'd prefer to stick with it if I can. If not, though, I'll try Authy instead, but I still would prefer to stick with this one if I can.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: Yes, I have the most recent version of the app and of the OS. My phone model is a Samsung Galaxy A51 and I don't currently use any sort of antivirus as I only install trusted apps and block scripts in my browser.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 0
henrytcasey Android Smartphones 1
Graybush Android Smartphones 2
S Android Smartphones 2
D Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1