Microsoft Backpedals, Covers E74 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
YAY! ya the warrenty is good but the problem shouldnt be there in the first place o_o i like my 360 (since its the only way i can talk to my cuz in cali) but it has way to many problems

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]mindless728[/nom]and this is why i stick to pc's, if something does go wrong, i can replace it[/citation]

It's not as simple as all that. Console gaming is a different experience to PC gaming.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I personally do not have a problem with my three XBOX 360s that I have had. I am glad that Microsoft replaced every one of them under warranty. At least Microsoft is willing to stand behind their product and provide an excellent warranty.

Also, since I rarely purchase games outside of the Live service, the 360 has been the greatest system I have owned.

I would never buy a PS3 that has almost 0 developer support at this point. And I don't care much for Bluray. As for the Wii, it has been collecting dust next to my 360. Too bad Nintendo didn't include DVD playback as at least I could use it as another DVD player....

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]I personally do not have a problem with my three XBOX 360s that I have had. I am glad that Microsoft replaced every one of them under warranty. At least Microsoft is willing to stand behind their product and provide an excellent warranty.Also, since I rarely purchase games outside of the Live service, the 360 has been the greatest system I have owned. I would never buy a PS3 that has almost 0 developer support at this point. And I don't care much for Bluray. As for the Wii, it has been collecting dust next to my 360. Too bad Nintendo didn't include DVD playback as at least I could use it as another DVD player....[/citation]

You fanboys are allover the net aren't you? You "never had any problems with any of the 3 xbox's that MS replaced" for you? Wow, just wow.

On a different note. I still think it's unacceptable to put such a broken piece of hardware out on the market, BUT(!) you got to have respect for microsoft and their return policy. If this happened to any Sony product you'd never see a warranty extension of any kind.

Not hating on any brand here, just analyzing how they treat their customers. I like Sony products alot, but their love for the customers are somewhat hard to see.

G

Speaking of fanboys...zoonie you are a big flaming fanboy's asshole. If you are going to try and put someone down then at least properly quote that person. I appreciate how you placed the quotation marks around the comment then added your own words.
AndrewMD did not say he "never had any problems" he said (and this is the correct quote "I personally do not have a problem with my three XBOX 360s that I have had."
I will explain this comment to you since you have shit stuck in your ears from spending so much time up inside an asshole.
He personally has no problem with the fact that he is on his third 360 because Microsoft has always been willing to stand behind their product and replace it.
zoonie...you are obviously an uneducated tard that has never made a passing grade in an English class.

4c1dr41n4

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]If this happened to any Sony product you'd never see a warranty extension of any kind.[/citation]

Very true. The first versions of the PS2 had many drive problems - no extension happened.

[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]I like Sony products alot, but their love for the customers are somewhat hard to see.[/citation]

True again. I also own many of their products (laptop, consoles, cameras, phones), and think they are all very well engineered and constructed, but after the purchase...

Some people say "but they keep manufacturing PS2's". Well, that's because they keep selling. Atari would be glad to keep manufacturing the 2600 if someone was still interested.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Yeah, now they fess up after I went out & spend another $400.00 on a new Xbox 360....Grrrrr! I did get a solid 2 years & 2 months before it broke.

JD

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
had to fix my xbox 360 myself, stopped reading disks, disk errors from hell, called microsoft, but they told me it was not covered and it would cost me $99 and take weeks, so i went to google and youtube, found out how open it up myself, only to find the the problem was the little magnetic ring on top of the dvd drive which should have been glued into place, had come off because it was not glued at all just shoved into place, so i simply got some crazy glue, glued it nicely into place and everything worked. they should have called it crap box 360. or all around crap box.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I have one of the original launch day PS3's and I've never had a single problem. That "red ring of death" is part of the reason I've been reluctant to buy an XBox 360.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]zoonie is a tard[/nom]Speaking of fanboys...zoonie you are a big flaming fanboy's asshole. If you are going to try and put someone down then at least properly quote that person. I appreciate how you placed the quotation marks around the comment then added your own words.AndrewMD did not say he "never had any problems" he said (and this is the correct quote "I personally do not have a problem with my three XBOX 360s that I have had."I will explain this comment to you since you have shit stuck in your ears from spending so much time up inside an asshole.He personally has no problem with the fact that he is on his third 360 because Microsoft has always been willing to stand behind their product and replace it.zoonie...you are obviously an uneducated tard that has never made a passing grade in an English class.[/citation]

How delicately put! I'm truly sorry for using the quotation marks in a wrong way. I was simply trying to be sarcastic about the real quote I made in the upper part of my comment.

If the education you're refering to means that I'll have to use the language of a 10-year old boy then I'll pass.

/Zoonie, aka "a big flaming fanboy's asshole"

siliconchampion

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]M$ is just afraid of its recent unpopularity crysis.[/citation]

Just noticing a random fact, since the game Crysis came out, more people have ben mis-spelling the word (crisis).

I am on my 4th Xbox 360, and while the experience of repairing the consoles through microsoft is draining and annoying, the Xbox Live and multi-player friendliness still hold my interest. But don't tell my Core2Quad/4870 system that. It is still great for making maps in Source and cranking through Crysis. (Also, I believe PC is a better platform for RPG's such as Fallout 3 and Oblivion.)

t_wilson

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2007
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]I personally do not have a problem with my three XBOX 360s that I have had. I am glad that Microsoft replaced every one of them under warranty. At least Microsoft is willing to stand behind their product and provide an excellent warranty.[/citation]

It´s been documented that Micro$oft knew about the RROD problem before the release of the X360, and even then they denied it and tried to shove it under the rug. The only reason they´re offering the extra 3 year warranty is because they had no choice, due to the large number of defective units. Now they tried to downplay the E74 error as well, but couldn't.

It seems that the X360 is made with the cheapest parts Micro$oft could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.