Microsoft computer scam

Feb 17, 2018
I too got this message when I was on Firefox in my browser went to walmart.com and that stupid message popped up my pc was infected..blah blah blah. I did a shut down not thinking of using task manager

Solution
I honestly just use task manager whenever a MS scam or “you’ve won a free prize” pop up is shown. Works like a charm. If you forget, you could get an antivirus. I have bitdefender (free version) and it alerts me on all phishing attempts and more.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
If you didn't install anything, you should be fine. Do a scan with your antivirus, just as a precaution.

Otherwise... this isn't news.... the MS scam is literally everywhere. Good on you for not falling for it.

Jesus though, has it been good profit for my company. I think like 60-70% of the systems we were charging $169 a pop to fix were MS scammers.

jgustin7b

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
I honestly just use task manager whenever a MS scam or “you’ve won a free prize” pop up is shown. Works like a charm. If you forget, you could get an antivirus. I have bitdefender (free version) and it alerts me on all phishing attempts and more.

Solution