News Microsoft Edge just got a killer upgrade Chrome can’t match

Toddicus

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2014
First off, edge is based on chromium (the open source base to chrome). So the edge team just added the feature [back] into their version of browser. Edge is not really that "special" for doing this as there are other browsers based on the chromium engine that do this already!! Not worth the hype of the article title. Sorry.

Take a look at Vivaldi. It has tabs that you can place on the left, right, bottom or top. You can also group your tabs for better organization.
Other features include setting auto refresh on individual tabs, pinning, tab stacking, etc., just to name a few. There are many other tweaks available to Vivaldi as well. Check them out. Vivaldi also has built in security for privacy when dealing with tracking, data collection etc (much better than chrome). Many of the extensions available for chrome work under Vivaldi as well. Just down load it and check it out.

And no, I am in no way affiliated with Vivaldi and get no kick back from them.

I have been using Vivaldi as my go to browser for for a few years now and it has just gotten better. There is a version for Linux, Microsoft, MacOS. A version is also available for android and one due to come out for Ios.

Please do a little research before tossing out an article like this. You might be surprised in what you find!!

Reactions: gbcox
Mar 6, 2021
... Please do a little research before tossing out an article like this.

The title and article don't suggest MS invented the new feature and Edge is the only one to have it. It's simply stating Edge now has a feature that Chrome (that browser, not all chromium-based ones) does not. Research is amazing, yes. 😝

Mar 7, 2021
Vivaldi, Edge... Inbox.... Who else does better, than Chrome/Google? These guys come up with good ideas, but seem to fail gradually in their wish to stay simple. Since when settings become difficult for a user when properly done? Or they wanted to keep the code base simple? But users don't care about how the code looks! This is the part of the game.