Microsoft Holds Funeral for iPhone and BlackBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
I find your lack of faith disturbing... lol

Why do i get the feeling this OS will be like vista for phones - good idea, a little too heavy for the platform?

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Oh this is SO going to bite them in the ass. Interesting there's no mention of Android.

The only way WM7 is going to kill anything is if it's used in "cool" devices; iPhones are "cool", Crackberries are "cool". If Windows phones are restricted to business or boring devices (like the Kin) it just won't make sufficient impact to draw market share away from those established platforms.

2 billion penguins

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
O dear, more valuable time and resources which could have been used productively thrown away as a taunt... DX
I really do hope microsoft knows what they are doing....

G

Microsoft's PR department are utterly cringeworthy at times.

With that said, it'll be interesting to see what comes of WP7. Microsoft need to get this right. If this turns out to be yet another glossed up version of Windows Mobile, they can kiss their sorry asses goodbye in the mobile sector, and I certainly wouldn't be sympathizing.

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Unfortunatly WP7 will failed if Microsoft do not do a huge Adv campaign
iPhone and Android are flagged as "cool systems".
Microsoft one is microsoft... office, work...
So they have a huge job to do to become a cool device, the type of device the user will says "hey look at this, its cool and productive"
it will be hard to get a "wow" effect from the media and the consumers.

so I'm waiting for the advertising on TV to get my decision if this os is good or not. (sorry, the real capabilities become secondary today as all the OSes can do near everything)

suoeno

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Well they do need some psyching up even if it was this pretty whacked out party.It's all in the execution.

However...from what we can determine from available announcements and news apparently WP7's hardware requirements are on the upper middle to high end mark which means there's not much room for maneuver.Aim too straight for iPhone or iOS,MS better be damn sure that they have some sort of an apps strategy trump card and going by MS' previous track record that's a little more than fuzzy.

And after WP7's launch if they still struggle to take 5 percentile off RIM's numbers as fast as they should even on traditionally lackluster Blackberry specs,you'll definitely know MS got 1 last thing wrong for the last time.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
All this over a phone?? A PHONE!?? What has the world come to lol. We criticize people based on which phone they use lol. Boy I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.