Microsoft Investigating New Internet Explorer Flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Another word: alternative.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Alternate means to switch back and forth; alternative is a different choice or option.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]djackson_dba[/nom]Lord knows there have not been any issues with Firefox or Opera...[/citation]

what world are you living in? :pfff:

All web browsers and os have issues. Although the amount of issues and the kind of issues varies between them.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Anybody ever wonder if "bugs" crop up in older Operating Systems and coincidentally the OS developer urges people to upgrade to the newest OS?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]warmon6[/nom]what world are you living in? All web browsers and os have issues. Although the amount of issues and the kind of issues varies between them.[/citation]True, but how many other browsers and OSes use VBScript and ActiveX? I can almost hear the malware writers echoing "Developers! Developers! Developers!" in the background.

G

If Linux was so great we it would have more then a few percentage of users. Yes, if you care to put up with the frustrations of Linux then by all means install it because it is safer because so few use it. The same goes for browsers, user's should use Opera for the same reason as Linux. Nobody hardly uses it.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]redplanet_returns[/nom]better word... linux[/citation]
Sure for everyday use ie. web,office,etc Linux is good, but until me games run on Linux (WITH OUT WINE) I'll need Windows.

G

VBscript needs to die, I'm continually amazed at what a steaming pile of cack it is. It's completely worthless for web stuff, and unfortunately, despite it's absolutely amazing shortcomings, it's the best tool for the job on Windows systems for non-web automation scripting due to the fact that M$ spent so much effort forcing it on everybody. Your only other choices are dos/batch(utter shit) and powershell(a complete waste of effort).

Linux on the other hand, has awesome scripting, but M$ isn't even smart enough to just copy that...

Yours Truly,
Professional VBscripter

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]michaelzehr[/nom]Another word: alternative.Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Alternate means to switch back and forth; alternative is a different choice or option.[/citation]
from dictionary.com:

–adjective
being in a constant state of succession or rotation; interchanged repeatedly one for another: Winter and summer are alternate seasons.
reciprocal; mutual: alternate acts of kindness.
every second one of a series: Read only the alternate lines.
constituting an alternative: The alternate route is more scenic.
alternative (defs. 4, 6).

Status
Not open for further replies.