Microsoft Kinect Creates an IR Constellation

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The technology is neat and an interesting deviation from the wii and ps move but I'm not sold on it as a gaming device. Maybe that's because I game when I want to be lazy and sedentary, when I want to move, I go outside. The lack of wand with buttons seems like a PITA for control purposes.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]chess[/nom]goggles not googles even though we all love google![/citation]

No kidding. A misc. type in an article is one thing. A blatant content changing word in BOLD headline is another completely. Maybe Rico was wearing goggles when writing this article?

The IR view of this thing is pretty neat. I imagine playing "red bug" with a cat. What would the cat do with this many bugs...

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]fjjb[/nom]thousands of IR leds against the 2-5max leds from the wii......[/citation]
There is not thousands of LED's in there.

Also Kinect has to see you, on Wii, the controller just has to see points of light(on the bar, the camera is in the Wiimote it self) and use the accelerometer for motion sensing.

If you do not know how it works, don't post about it.

G

Surely that has health risks, IR is a form of radiation; even TV remote's state "Do not point this device towards your eyes" as IR Light can damage them...

Have a nice time, playing kinect you'll be blind and have developed cancer before 2012...

Status
Not open for further replies.