Microsoft Legal to Go After Modern Warfare 2 Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
lol the warranty is useless anyway because it expires in 1 year and then a few month after you get a red ring of death and buy anotherone anyways

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]lol the warranty is useless anyway because it expires in 1 year and then a few month after you get a red ring of death and buy anotherone anyways[/citation]
+11

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
and which system came out first? Not PC, Not PS3(cause it hasn't been hacked), but wait @_@ the holy xbox360 that is always said to be less pirated the PC..

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Easy enough option, just don't play it. If they want to be big a$$holes about people pirating a game that is going to sell millions upon millions of $ worth then they can keep it. Especially since today I read M$ just fired another 800 people whilst Windows 7 Ultimate literally flies off of the shelves. Anyone see a common theme here? Greed

mattw0308

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
hrmm...is it perverse that seeing this article makes me want to go out and download the torrent just to see what the game is like? It seems at this point like Activision has no plans to offer ANYTHING promotional like a demo to get people to buy the game, but rather they increase the price by $10? I WON'T pay $60 for a PC game, just on principle, but I MIGHT have bought it on a Fry's day 1 sale if they weren't being such money-grubbing jerks about the whole thing.

Adroid

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
How hard could it really be to allow dedicated servers? I thought COD5 Sucked anyway. This looks awesome but I can do without

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]Given Infinity Wards stubborn and backwards attitude to LAN support this is somewhat fitting punishment.[/citation]

I didn't hear anything about their LAN support, thought that was StarCraft...

Anyway I too will not buy this game solely for the lack of dedicated servers.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
pirating games is one thing but expecting to get the whole experience (playing online with pirated games) is just pure greedyness on the pirates parts. I myself understand this thus buy those games that I want to play multiplayer on and pirate those games where I only want to experience half of the game (the single player component)

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]lol the warranty is useless anyway because it expires in 1 year and then a few month after you get a red ring of death and buy anotherone anyways[/citation]

The warranty holds up to 3 years GLOBALLY and yeah it does save you money since you dont have to pay for anything, when if Sony's PS3 hits YRoD the warranty doesnt even cover it and you have to pay 250$ to get it fixxed minimum. So how is the warranty useless you lil ignorant..? lol

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
250 for fixing yrod would be stupid.... the ps3 no sells for $299.

To be the devils advocate to all of the pirating sympathizers... If everybody pirates the game, there will be no more games. People make games because they profit from selling the games. If they don't profit from selling the games, than what would be the point of making them?

and then for the people actually buying games... why are they $55-60? Because your $40 game is being taxed $15-20 to try to recover money from the pirates.

G

Given that they rarely ban cheaters / glitchers.
Without dedicated servers there isn't really any way to detect cheating anyhow...
Everything will be the same as it has been..
Even if you report someone it really doesn't do much more than make you feel empty inside for being cheated by both the modders & MS.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Manos, you're a moron. I've gotten the yellow light of death, and sony replaced the console free of charge because it was within the warranty. So how's it like to be a hypocrite by calling someone ignorant?

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
This is why you always use abgx360 and make sure your games are properly stealthed and meet the appropriate Wave compliance. Dont play it while logged in to any live account either silver or gold until after the game is released.

If you follow this information their is no way MS can bann you.

"Know your enemy and how he thinks and you can adapt you behavior around it" : Sun Tzu.

Status
Not open for further replies.