Microsoft LIVE Expanding Beyond Xbox, PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty6123

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Considering all of the Windows Mobile phones they have, it's not a bad idea.

Now if only they'll make the ZuneHD a phone...

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
"cross-platform gaming, specifically between the PC and Xbox 360"

first, they better not make us (PC gamers) a fee
second, its time to really show the console-kids that true FPSs belong to PC

meatwad53186

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]i heard crysis 2 is gonna have cross platform[/citation]

...everyone has heard that, especially since Crytek confirmed it.

jarnail24

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
You guys won't believe this article. It shows broadband in America compared to Japan. http://www.muniwireless.com/2009/08/10/us-bandwidth-caps-very-restrictive-compared-to-japan/

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]xc0mmiex[/nom]"cross-platform gaming, specifically between the PC and Xbox 360"first, they better not make us (PC gamers) a feesecond, its time to really show the console-kids that true FPSs belong to PC[/citation]

MS tried a fee based service called games for Windows. It didn't fly and now it's free.

Abaddon

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
It might be free. But it's still rubbish. Bought the new 007 game, was ok. Except it's set up for windows Live, which means no multiplayer (as there is never anyone online).
I wouldn't buy a game which requires live if I expected to play any multiplayer with it.

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
It might be free. But it's still rubbish. Bought the new 007 game, was ok. Except it's set up for windows Live, which means no multiplayer (as there is never anyone online).
I wouldn't buy a game which requires live if I expected to play any multiplayer with it.

thats where the steam system really dominates... i only wish steam could interlace with the xbox live system but i doubt that will ever happen

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Having to log in to play a game is awful. id rather just buy it, play it and for them to never know anything about me. If they want marketing data like that - it has a value - pay me.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]MS tried a fee based service called games for Windows. It didn't fly and now it's free.[/citation]

If you look at the phones they have you'll see the rest of the world is about 10 years behind. The iphone kicked it along a bit in the west but its still awful for price and data in the UK.

I miss living in japan - but who wants to work 8000 hours a week? not me

G

there is one good thing about this..... so many friends of mine have lost there way and have 360's, saying they would 'lolpwnbuttockfeck' me. and that 360's>>>>>> PC. /flexesfingers time to show them how to REALLY play and what the king format is.

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
How about they work on having more PC games that support xboxlive first? The only PC game I have that has it is Shadowrun.

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
There was even promise of cross-platform gaming, specifically between the PC and Xbox 360.

Didn't Lost Planet: Colonies already have cross-platform gaming? And yeah, Games For Windows Live is free now.

sticks435

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
[citation][nom]jecht[/nom]Didn't Lost Planet: Colonies already have cross-platform gaming? And yeah, Games For Windows Live is free now.[/citation]
Yes, but the dev's had to program it in by hand. The same reason Gears for PC didn't have it. Cliff said that it was way to much work. I think this would allow cross-platform automaticlly.

Status
Not open for further replies.