Microsoft Live Seach GM Leaves, Replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kary

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Maybe this would be a good place to help Microsoft out.

Why I don't use live search:
Lets say I need to find something in Microsoft's on Knowledge base for a repair. I try Microsoft's search...IT CAN'T FIND MY PROBLEM...I try Google's search...THE MS KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE I'M LOOKING FOR IS IN THE TOP 3 HITS. (PS, please, this doesn't mean sabotage Google's results...I'm not sure I could keep Windows running for more than a year or so on most peoples computers without reformatting otherwise).

I don't need a bunch of crap to distract me on the page when I go to do a search. If I wanted to go to a network portal site I would have gone to a network portal site..I wanted a search engine. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Hmmm, I guess that's about it..actually, if Microsoft Search just returned valid search results that would probably be enough. Also, don't misunderstand, Google's results are FAR FROM PERFECT...there is plenty of room to beat them (search for a popular company name..Brand X for instance...you get 10 companies trying to sell you Brand X, but you don't get Brand X's web site..just sad).

G

Type "seach" into Live Search and guess what the first listing is...

Google. Nice touch!

G

Proof read your fucking articles already. A spelling error in a headline is not acceptable journalism. Fourth graders write better than Tom's staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.