Microsoft May Take Over Electronic Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Truthfully, I would welcome the takeover of EA by Microsoft. EA is the larget game publisher right now, and their CEO isn't really that good. I think it would end up better managed.

G

EA sucked for the longest time. I viewed them as a evil company. Thankfully they are changing... I like what they are doing with the battlefield series.

asgallant

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Microsoft may not be perfect, but they do a hell of a lot better job publishing games than EA does (as the saying goes, "EA: where good game franchises go to die"). Perhaps if MS bought them out, we could see some resurrections from the EA graveyard.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
All EA titles going Games For WIndows Live (including Mass Effect 2) == Massive instant head explosions all over the world.

I can't wait to see EA backing exclusively a console with a failure rate of 40%. It's like attracting customer by shooting shotgun in the air at the front of the store.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Noooooooooooo, Don't let the convicted monopolist have a majority control of games. Gaming would loose big. MS would start forcing their Games for Windows Live service (GFWL), a Steam Wannabe service onto PC gamers big time. Game selections would go way down for me because I would not buy their crap if it insisted I use GFWL.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]asgallant[/nom]Microsoft may not be perfect, but they do a hell of a lot better job publishing games than EA does (as the saying goes, "EA: where good game franchises go to die"). Perhaps if MS bought them out, we could see some resurrections from the EA graveyard.[/citation]

What about... ? Mass Effect, Dead SPace, Dante Inferno, Mirror Edge, Crysis...

Microsoft got... Halo? ... Gears of War and Alan Wake...

Well, with money you can steal all the games you want isn't it...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i actually think this is a good idea

what would be a better idea if google purchased EA... but if this happens, it'll be more competition with Valve's STEAM, and I always welcome competition

WHERE'S MY $5 MASS EFFECT? I WANT IT NAU!

G

I think it's not a bad idee for gaming: EA releases are always buggy and need lots of updates before working properly, MS might change that, i hope... (Sorry for bad english)

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Normally I would be against this, but I think this would improve the gaming industry. Besides it can't hurt given the direction EA is headed in. And the fact this would put Microsoft under more scrutiny, would cause them not to cheat consumers as much as EA has or if they had bought out a different market.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I'm completly against this... If microsoft aquires EA then as somebody else said:

"Xbox and PC exclusive title"

I think it will hurt the gaming industry, competitvly speaking....

Status
Not open for further replies.