Microsoft Puts Nail in Xbox RROD "Coffin" Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Nothing but a shipping label? Yeah, I see that happening unfortunately :D. I also see people putting it in a big box with no type of cushioning leaving it to bounce around and end up at good ol MS in more than a few pieces.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Covered in toilet paper seems only appropriate for this excrement.

I'd throw some cat droppings in with it. It's all basically the same thing.

Asinger93

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
huh. I'd probably put it in a small box, then a larger one, then boxes that keep getting progressivley larger until they're roughly the size of a minivan.

G

In a coffin. Then I would hope to see it return with a halo.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
One of my friends recently shipping off an Xbox 360 and I'm not sure this article is accurate. He called the 4MYXBOX number, talked to someone in India, and they gave him an option to print off the shipping label or have a package delivered. Whoever he talked to obviously didn't put the order in so he did it online and he had the same options. I believe printing the label was the default option but having a box shipped was definitely there.

And to be perfectly honest even if the option wasn't there I would rather just print the label and drop it off at a UPS Store than wait a week with a broken Xbox for a box to arrive.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Considering I'm on my 4th Xbox, I already have the special packing materials - doesn't make any difference to me.

Yes. 4 Xboxes. They've been dying on a yearly basis. This one will die between august and october, given the pattern.

I wish I was joking.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
LOL considering fixing the RROD is very very easy I didnt even ship mine. I just cracked it open and fixed it. The RROD is one of the big reasons 360's have come with so many different DVD drives over the years. Since the jump to Lite-On was made the RROD has been massively reduced and is mostly releated to Thermal Paste issues now and not the DVD.

Anyway I tend to by RROD 360s at the Flea Market for $20 take them home fix them and mod them and then sell them for $100 as a Modded 360.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Sicundercover[/nom]LOL considering fixing the RROD is very very easy I didnt even ship mine. I just cracked it open and fixed it. The RROD is one of the big reasons 360's have come with so many different DVD drives over the years. Since the jump to Lite-On was made the RROD has been massively reduced and is mostly releated to Thermal Paste issues now and not the DVD.Anyway I tend to by RROD 360s at the Flea Market for $20 take them home fix them and mod them and then sell them for $100 as a Modded 360.[/citation]

dude its NOT as you put it; my buddy has RROD on his and he went online to find out which specific error it was. guess what? it wasn't a heat problem, but the "i dont know, im just dead" error. seriously, its an actual error.
M$ sent it back saying "there seems to be some tampering with the case/ sticker and we are no longer responsible for the damages"

good thing for us we're still hardcore PC gamers...

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Not sure why Sicundercover got a =1, but I've done the same with a friend's Xbox 360, though sometimes the problem is that the motherboard heats up and warps which can not be fixed.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Covered in toilet paper seems only appropriate for this excrement. I'd throw some cat droppings in with it. It's all basically the same thing.[/citation]

Ahh now I see why you were bashing valve for not making PS3 games, you are a PS3 fanboi. Gotcha.

Go away failboy.

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I'd send mine back riddled with bullet holes......Also if it was a PS3, I would not even bother. I would blow that piece of shit up.

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
haha when i read the title i stupidly thought it meant that microsoft had finally resolved the RROD problem once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.