Microsoft Receives Russian Antitrust Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Russia has a anti-monopoly service? Guess that makes sense. Everyone else seems to have one so they can basically use it has the cash cow. I mean how dare M$ do they not know this can cause problems with the Russian cracked and pirated software industry that I rel...I mean do not condone. What was M$ thinking?

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Surprise surprise... next up for M$, China!

So when will the Apple and their iPod/iPhone bundling with Safari and iTunes monopoly be sued?

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
So I am curious how they can be probed by countries they do not call their home. If Russia doesn't like their practices then block their products from their shelves and create their own OS and quit crying.

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Just a money grab. This is getting just stupid. Whats next Kenyans taking americans to court because we flaunt our lifestyle of I dunno food.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
IANARL, I know nothing of Russian law, but what law could possibly dictate that a company must sell a product because it's popular? The only thing I can think of is that Russia sees Microsoft abusing its dominance, and forcing the government itself to switch from XP to Vista, and, depending on any support agreements, this could be a violation of some contract. Dunno really, just speculation.

(IANARL = I am not a russian lawyer)

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
ok mabye I missed something...
but it sounds like russia is complaining because ms has Stopped selling XP.
WTF? Who is to say where ms can and cannot sell their OS. Now as to HOW they sell and market it -- thats a different issue.

G

Its mostly because, most users in Russia probably aren't running Quad Cores with over 2 gigs of ram to be able to run Vista smoothly. I think they have the right to complain as a customer, we all do it.

G

I wish I could sue an auto manufacturer for no longer selling parts I need for my 'aged' car...

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
As much as I can't stand M$... I can't stand these damn EU countries and other rogue nations who think they can milk a US company for anti-trust. It's laughable. It's just being anti-american. If Russia wants to sue M$ then let's sue Lukoil Americas (a large gas company from Russia who operates in the US).

ronml

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Wouldn't a donation to One Russia and the Nashi youth brownshirts suffice?
Russia has no rule of law and they re instituted an oil monopoly, which they use a political weapon.

lordfakie

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
JUm.. then why they don't complaint about cars having doors and tires from factory. you could always download any Internet browser for free if you want. I could see a case if microsoft did not allow or charge you for use other OS. what about apple??

lordfakie

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
starryman 06/06/2009 2:54 AM Hide Insert quote. Report -1+
As much as I can't stand M$... I can't stand these damn EU countries and other rogue nations who think they can milk a US company for anti-trust. It's laughable. It's just being anti-american. If Russia wants to sue M$ then let's sue Lukoil Americas (a large gas company from Russia who operates in the US).

Yeah and let us sue middle east for monopolicing Oil reserrves!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
As much as I love you Russia, back off.
If all else fails, maybe Russia can buy out piratebay for their software needs. :)

[citation][nom]starryman[/nom]As much as I can't stand M$... I can't stand these damn EU countries and other rogue nations who think they can milk a US company for anti-trust. It's laughable. It's just being anti-american. If Russia wants to sue M$ then let's sue Lukoil Americas (a large gas company from Russia who operates in the US).[/citation]

US is a global company, who gives a damn if it's amercian? Russia is pissed and they're taking it out on the one who's pissing them off... Go be patriotic elsewere.
You make this Canadian use the UK site instead...

[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I think it would be funny if MS pulled out of those markets deaming them unprofitable.[/citation]

I like your idea. Though in reality being a bad business decision...

[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Surprise surprise... next up for M$, China!So when will the Apple and their iPod/iPhone bundling with Safari and iTunes monopoly be sued?[/citation]

Agreed.
Atleast IE isn't too horrid compared to Safari.

As a side note: I wish I had Russian heritage, the KGB are awesome, my drunken Irish heritage of wife beating war sanctioned murderes is crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.