Microsoft Revealing Hulu for Xbox in Two Weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twbg4cq

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Don't have an Xbox, PS3, or a Wii. I'll just stick with Blockbuster Online and watching Hulu on my computer.

G

if they want to bump up the price of xbox live by a LITTLE bit, then fine, but if they want me to start paying a subscription fee per month for hulu on xbox 360, then they can bite it.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I would definitely appreciate Hulu on the 360. One thing Hulu can't have enough of is content. I think the short and sweet ads either one long one in the middle of the show or in the beginning is the way to go. It sure as hell beats over 15 minutes of ads in a 60 minute TV time slot. TV ads have just gone to the point of retardation.

PhoenixFour

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
If Hulu's fee is cheaper than cable and I can watch all of my shows through it, I would totally do this and cancel my cable subscription.

G

I would absolutely use hulu on xbox live. Using xbox points would be a pain though...

hamthony

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
No you guys miss the point, Hulu is going to start a paid service (for everybody not just XBOX live) this is just there kick off (in the groin) party. Apparently you will still get the same content for free on your computer but they will have extra content (full seasons instead of 5 episodes) available for a monthly subscription.

hamthony

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
But yes I am a big Hulu fan so I probably would pay for the service depending on the price point and resolution.

1nutmia

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Why pay for something if you can use PlayOn, (Which is going to a paid model, but still provide the free version), and get what people want, mainly, Hulu on my big TV screen. That is what this is all about. Yes, I know, you can watch it on your computer, but seeing it on your TV in all it's glory, is just another incentive to cut the EXPENSIVE cable cord. (Except for your Internet connection anyway...) And, PlayOn works with my 360, PS3, and Wii, and maybe someday, my Roku box. It not only allows streaming of Hulu, but MANY, MANY other sites that provide video on the net. Will I need the ability to see the entire season of a show, well, no if I keep up on the show, but yes if I was not paying attention or missed too much of the current season.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Hulu is not going to be free for much longer. I can output Hulu audio and video into my HDTV from my laptop by plugging in the HDMI but it's not seamless at all and it leaves my laptop doing nothing but playing video. With a service like this I don't have to worry about loading something up, plugging it in, and losing the ability to use the laptop. I just boot up the Hulu app on the Xbox 360 and watch TV.

I like it. It's a great idea.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
A little tip to most of the commenter here: The fee would not be mandatory. Do we need to listen to your litany of reasons why would won't buy a particular optional service? It makes no difference to us. We are not even planning to come to your house to watch Hulu programming...

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I'm hoping it will be ad-driven and free just like the current Hulu. If it's XBox integrated and commercial free I might consider a small additional fee or xbox live upgrade. I say this because I'm about to drop my Cable TV altogether. I'm just way too connected to media to be paying out the ass for cable... Hulu, Netflix, amazon.com, Zune.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
If Hulu programming is as high quality as Netflix on the 360 (meaning, as HD as you can get) then I would definitely consider subscribing to their service. I already kicked cable TV to the curb in favor of netflix and Hulu; with netflix offering unrivaled picture quality and sound when using the 360. If there were a service that would let me use the 360 to do full HD Hulu streaming as well (as opposed to needing a pretty beefy PC, beyond any normal HTPC, dedicated to the task) I would be all over it.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]So you will sit down and watch a TV show, but be using your laptop at the same time? Dude I know women say that men cant multitask, but overcompensating much? If I relax with a few episodes of 24 or Lost the PC may be doing some downloading in the background but is otherwise a distant memory till the end credits roll.[/citation]

Unless I'm watching television or a movie and someone else is sitting there with me I'll have my laptop up doing other things while I'm watching TV. Maybe I'm reading news during the commercials (can't fast forward through live TV or Hulu) or maybe I'm checking my fantasy baseball page periodically. Point is I don't want to have to plug all that crap in and make my laptop inoperable if I don't have to. I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.