Microsoft: Sorry, No Refunds For Minecraft Xbox Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Who even owns a non-hd tv now a days?[/citation]

A lot of people still don't, have HDTV's especially when you factor in the entire world. A lot of people are still happy with their CRT based TV's and don't feel the need to go out and buy an HDTV. Not to mention not everyone in the world can go out and afford a brand new HDTV either so they make do with what they have.

biggiebody

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I think the better question is why even buy a 360 without having an HDTV, you're paying $200+ for a system that you can't even get the full benefits from. I mean a 32" 720 TV cost around $200, I bought my 32" 1080 for $280 last year. Not only that from what I see they're trying to play multilayer meaning they probably have more than 1 controller... spending money on everything but a TV.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Who even owns a non-hd tv now a days?[/citation]
Me. I have a Sony 61" SDTV that is nearly 15 years old. Still works fine. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I do not own a XBOX 360. I think I was done with console gaming after the first XBOX, but I do like to read about consoles, still. Besides, the next XBOX (720), apparently won't even be powerful enough to run Unreal Engine 4. I wish we would just ditch consoles all together, and that each of the current console makers find a different niche in PC gaming, whether it'd be hardware or software.

whimseh

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Really who doesn't have an HDTV, lol... It's their own fault for not paying attention to the requirements.

And I agree with confish21.. Not even our pawn shop here has CRT/non-hd TVs.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
How do these idiots even expect the game to work in SD with 4 players?

its already a blocky game, at that resolution is would be virtually incomprehensible.
they should just patch in the support for those idiots and then watch them complain that they can't see whats going on.

G

If you own an Xbox 360 and can't figure out the system they use to describe necessary components at this point, either you don't pay attention (in which case it's your own fault), or you're new to Xbox (though it's unlikely new players would dive into a game like minecraft), or you're an impulse buyer, and again, it's your own fault.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]A lot of people still don't, have HDTV's especially when you factor in the entire world. A lot of people are still happy with their CRT based TV's and don't feel the need to go out and buy an HDTV. Not to mention not everyone in the world can go out and afford a brand new HDTV either so they make do with what they have.[/citation]

I feel pity for those gaming on CRTs.

G

You get what's coming and have no one to blame but yourself if you don't own a an HDTV by this point.

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Me. I have a Sony 61" SDTV that is nearly 15 years old. Still works fine. If it ain't broke, why fix it?I do not own a XBOX 360. I think I was done with console gaming after the first XBOX, but I do like to read about consoles, still. Besides, the next XBOX (720), apparently won't even be powerful enough to run Unreal Engine 4. I wish we would just ditch consoles all together, and that each of the current console makers find a different niche in PC gaming, whether it'd be hardware or software.[/citation]

If it ain't broke, why fix it? If everyone in the world followed that logic, we would still be using 5 pound "cell phones." Hell, we would still be riding on horse and buggy. Fail logic is fail.

unionoob

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
I still have an old ~30inch LG CRT TV, but well.. I am not playing any kind of consoles. and because of that I don't see any need to waste money on TV which I don't even use... well ok maybe just to watch some news but nothing more.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Come on you guys! Are you serious with this BS??

Get a 21" HD monitor, for less than $120, and don't buy 3 xbox games this month, and problem solved!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]You get what's coming and have no one to blame but yourself if you don't own a an HDTV by this point. If it ain't broke, why fix it? If everyone in the world followed that logic, we would still be using 5 pound "cell phones." Hell, we would still be riding on horse and buggy. Fail logic is fail.[/citation]

Comparing the difference between a buggy and an automobile to that of an SD and HD TV is ludicrous to say the least. Perhaps if people still carried around 5 pound cell phones instead of buying the latest trinket they would've had some savings to pay off their mortgages when the recession hit.

I do realize this is an enthusiast forum, but get over yourselves. Some people don't have the money to buy luxury items. An HDTV is a luxury item if an SDTV still works. 100$ for a cheap HDTV is still more than some people have. I don't know how they got the XBox, perhaps it was the family Christmas gift. They still deserve to have a refund on a product they are not satisfied with. It's good business. When did it come to be considered good customer service to dissatisfy paying customers?

Sadly, I know how this story is going to go anyway. Class action lawsuit, MS folds and settles out of court. Lawyers take most of the money and the people who joined in get a 10 dollar check 5 years from now.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
one line of text in the recommended specs saying offline multiplayer requires HD connectivity, problem solved, costs nothing, other than the admission that they did it wrong.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]How do these idiots even expect the game to work in SD with 4 players? its already a blocky game, at that resolution is would be virtually incomprehensible. they should just patch in the support for those idiots and then watch them complain that they can't see whats going on.[/citation]
nintendo64 wants to have a word with you.
apparently you never played perfect dark or goldeneye.

[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]You get what's coming and have no one to blame but yourself if you don't own a an HDTV by this point. If it ain't broke, why fix it? If everyone in the world followed that logic, we would still be using 5 pound "cell phones." Hell, we would still be riding on horse and buggy. Fail logic is fail.[/citation]

those 5 pound phones had better microphones and speakers than current smartphones, and no matter how you held it, you didnt lose signal... i would take one of those if they still worked over a current cellphone because you could drive WAY out of range of current cellphones and still get a crystal clear signal.

[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Comparing the difference between a buggy and an automobile to that of an SD and HD TV is ludicrous to say the least. Perhaps if people still carried around 5 pound cell phones instead of buying the latest trinket they would've had some savings to pay off their mortgages when the recession hit.I do realize this is an enthusiast forum, but get over yourselves. Some people don't have the money to buy luxury items. An HDTV is a luxury item if an SDTV still works. 100$ for a cheap HDTV is still more than some people have. I don't know how they got the XBox, perhaps it was the family Christmas gift. They still deserve to have a refund on a product they are not satisfied with. It's good business. When did it come to be considered good customer service to dissatisfy paying customers?Sadly, I know how this story is going to go anyway. Class action lawsuit, MS folds and settles out of court. Lawyers take most of the money and the people who joined in get a 10 dollar check 5 years from now.[/citation]

not to mention that to get hd channels, you have to pay close to 100$ a month for cable bill, or you get a FAR cheaper plan, and its sd... but sd looks like crap on an hd tv, and if i only have sd programming, i would rather use my 27 inch crt over my 24 inch monitor.

only reason i have an hd anything is because i watched enough crap that went wide screen that it made sense to get a new monitor, otherwise i would still be useing my 17 inch crt

Status
Not open for further replies.