Microsoft Suing DHL – Over 21,000 Xboxes Lost or Looted

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]Is the XBOX made in US? I would think they arrived from HK instead of going to HK.[/citation]

That's what I would think too... unless these were defective units that were being shipped back to HK for "refurbishing" in which case their value would be seriously questionable.

G

I hate finding out when I order something that it is being shipped by DHL.
They always just drop the package at the front door and take off. Never ring the doorbell, never get a signature for delivery.
Just abandon the package on the front door, and let WHOMEVER may walk by and take your package.
DHL sucks...

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]DHL = DHelL[/nom]I hate finding out when I order something that it is being shipped by DHL.They always just drop the package at the front door and take off. Never ring the doorbell, never get a signature for delivery.Just abandon the package on the front door, and let WHOMEVER may walk by and take your package.DHL sucks..[/citation]

I think it was UPS that did this, but around 1997(I was a senior in hs), I dropped my friend off at his house after school. I noticed what looked like a giant boulder on his front porch and asked him about it before he got out of the car. he said he didnt know what it was but that he was expecting a replacement monitor from Dell. It turns out, that UPS, or whoever it was, just left the 19" CRT monitor in the box on the front porch, but they were clever enough to put their welcome mat on top to "disguise" it.. No one ever signed for it or anything.

G

Just wondering if MS insures the shipping or perhaps has something in the contract with a SHIPPING company to, I don't know, insure the delivery?

Seems odd that they would have to sue - not clear what DHL's claim is. They are paid/contracted to deliver them and they apparently did not deliver some and damaged others. Other than that they did a bang up job!

G

quote: "I think it was UPS that did this, but around 1997(I was a senior in hs"

UPS only does it if the reciever of the shipment agrees to no signature required. That would have been a problem with Dell not specifying a signature was required.

The DHL package-abandoment delivery method happened multiple times in two different states (Alaska & Oregon).

I was home each time the deliveries were made (I only order to my door if I know I will have the day off when it's to be delivered). and every time it was just dropped (thrown in some instances) onto my doorstep with no attempt to notify the occupant that their (expensive) parts were awaiting liberation by any passer-by with low morals.
I now make sure DHL is not the carrier of my packages, and don't do business with companies who insist on DHL.
No thanks. ;-)

eltouristo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I brifly had an account with DHL. The customer service was so HORRIBLE that I will NEVER deal with DHL again. And it wasnt just one person, it was a corporate mess of total nonwillingness to treat customer reasonably and nonsense. The couldnt settle my account properly. I dont know what they are thinking. Instead I use UPS, Fedex, or USPS.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I never do business with DHL either. It is actually customary for all delivery companies to just leave packages if there is no special request made for a signature. Just like a mailman leaves you mail. This is because a UPS driver usually has 60+ deliveries to make in a day. They cannot wait 5+ mins at each delivery location to make a drop off.

However, DHL is an innefficient handler. If they are a courier company they truly are slow as most couriers deliver packages within a day. The only stuff I had DHL deliver came much later then other carriers. I also was a courier and sometimes would deliver for DHL as well as UPS and FedEx. Usually for the other 2 carriers it was something urgent that needed to be delivered within 6 hours across the country so I went directly. Usually for DHL it was an organ or something that got lost and I have to deliver it because its 2 weeks late and they don't wanna take the heat.

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom][/citation]

I don't think HK is a "manufacturing" city anymore. I think they've gone way past that stage now. Most of the stuff is now manufactured in mainland China.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I ordered a replacement G7 Mouse from Logitech and they shipped it DHL. First I thought to myself who the **** is DHL. The day the mouse was supposed to come I came home early just to receive the package. I looked in my mailbox and at the front of my door and I didn't see anything. Then I looked in the middle of my Lawn and there it was... I was like WTF is it doing there. I just thought to myself "That dumb ass DHL guy just though my package and drove away." Now that I read you comments about similar things I guess this is the way of DHL. I will never order anything fragile from them I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.